Wolf Hall & Bring up the Bodies

If you'd like to learn more about Nat's return to the RSC and how to obtain tickets, please click here...

RSC

Translate

Login / Logout

Our number of visitors so far: 5635813
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Armand Gamache

Armand Gamache 02 Sep 2012 18:22 #1109394773

• webmistress
  • entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Hi Net,

I'm still waiting for my book to arrive, but I promise I won't peek into chapter three before it is due B) Welcome to our forum, hope you like folks around here and all that stuff that needs to be explored - enjoy! :woohoo:

Cheers!

webmistress
"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Armand Gamache 15 Sep 2012 07:24 #1109394805

My Louise Penny "still Life" has just arrived and I must say it is a real pleasure to read it. She has definitely joined my list of "favorite writers".
I love her style. I think it is very alive and visual. You know exactly how Three Pines looks like and how the people are. And of course you have already got an image of Inspector Gamache in your mind. He is a lovely guy. I think Nathaniel will love to play him and we will love to watch later then.

I won´t post "spoilers" of course, you have to find out for yourself ;o)

And by the way, what a fantastic idea to start filming in the magic Indian Summer in Montreal. Must be heaven on earth being there in autumn.
So much good, so much evil. Just add water.
―Markus Zusak,The Book Thief-

Armand Gamache 20 Sep 2012 15:19 #1109394807

Hi Martina, hi everyone,

the other day I got my hands on a C.I. Gamache novel, my first but not "Still Life" though. That's not unusual for me, I tend to start my reading backwards.
:silly:
Anyway, halfway through the book I can say, I enjoy the way she describes C.I. Gamache very much - it gives me goosebumps and/or sends shivers down my spine. :ohmy:
Several times I even cought myself thinking, whether she all along had Nat in mind creating Gamache - not the other way round - which is of course absolutely silly, I know. Nevertheless, it makes me think he will be/is the perfect choise to play the part.
I just hope, the script-writers go with the French where Louise Penny wrote it - it is so very endearing and lends her writing a very warm touch. Other than that I think her writing-style is vivid and imaginative but in no way like Elisabeth George.

So long
Roswitha
Be pleasant no matter how much it hurts because there is an order to all things!

Armand Gamache 20 Sep 2012 17:48 #1109394808

• webmistress
  • entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Hi all,

halfway through the first novel and I must say that I'm quite impressed with Louise Penny's style. I think she is very modern in her style, jumps a lot from situation to situation and is - almost like her hero Gamache - a keen observer of people and situations. So far I haven't got a clue as to who dunnit. Especially why dunnit.

The victim seems to have been a nice old lady, who would kill her? And Gamache, well, from what Louise Penny tells us so far, Nat seems to be the perfect actor for him, tho' everyone who ever saw Nat in interviews etc. knows that he's not in every aspect like him - sorry to say that Roswitha. Nat to me is much more lively than Gamache. But we never would expect a 100% match, right? Seriously who would?

I think Nat's going to be a very fitting Gamache, right. Nat's a versatile actor, so he will put his mark on Gamache. Hopefully, and if all goes to Penny's book, he won't have to do a fake French accent, so we won't get another Poirot, eh? Not as grumpy an inspector as Lynley I suppose, much more grounded and down to earth. At least he's in a happy and relaxed relationship! I'm very keen on listening to Nat's perfect French! And trying to teach his younger colleagues. His new female sidekick seems to be a real pain in the b****. Very entertaining stuff and a good read indeed.

I like his four rules for his work: "I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."

Brilliant!

Cheers!

webmistress
"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

Armand Gamache 22 Sep 2012 05:56 #1109394809

Louise Penny on FACEBOOK wrote:
Last day of summer here, and it feels it. Colour in the leaves creeping down the mountain. A few trees at ground level have burst into bright red already. Very pretty. The film of Still Life needs to shoot at the height of the leaf season - so we're all quite antsy about the fall colours and the timing! I know you're also probably anxious for some news on the film - sorry to have kept you in the dark for so long, but I had no choice....agreed to keep things confidential until casting etc were definitely in place. I was sent a news release by the publicist last night, to read, and add a quote to - I'm hoping we can tell all in just a few days! Very exciting, and yet also nauseating. Like a book launch - so much beyond my control. Anyone's control, really, even the director. It really is hugely collaborative, but that means all sorts of different opinions and decision-makers. I wonder how I'll feel the first day on set 'seeing' Gamache and the others.... I wonder how you'll feel when you see the film. I hope we'll all love it.

She is as excited as we are ... , maybe even more ;)

Hi Jess, I like your new Signature :)
So much good, so much evil. Just add water.
―Markus Zusak,The Book Thief-

Armand Gamache 22 Sep 2012 13:10 #1109394810

Hi,

MY APOLOGIES!
Seemingly I stepped on some toes and crossed some line(s) - quite unintentionally I might add. For what do I know. I was just expressing my thoughts. And I did say I was beeing absolutely silly, didn't I.
As for the word "perfect": Does it really mean 100%? Can anyone or anything ever be perfect? Can anyone ever assert the claim to be perfect?
I'd rather dare say no-one or nothing is ever perfect.

Roswitha
Be pleasant no matter how much it hurts because there is an order to all things!
Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds