Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry

More
05 Mar 2006 09:17 #1109379090 by tosca
Have always been a huge fan of John Donne's poems (well, most of them) but Nat's reading of some of them on audiotape, two in particular, take Donne's poetry to new dimensions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2006 12:08 #1109379091 by annchristin
Replied by annchristin on topic Re:Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry
:(

I really wanna do, but I can't:evil: .

I wonder what kind of voice he has? Tenor, barytone or bas? or perhaps a mix of it? Like the choclatebox as his voices has been described earlier here...

Ann-Christin

It isn\'t what I do, but how I do it. It isn\'t what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it.
Mae West

More
05 Mar 2006 14:42 #1109379092 by gamerchick02
Replied by gamerchick02 on topic Re:Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry
Flis,

I haven't read anything by John Donne, but now I might get into it.

annchristin,

Have you tried putting a piece of music or an audio in a CD player hooked up to really good speakers (big ones!) and either sitting on them or sitting real close, so you can feel the vibrations? I don't know if it wouuld work, it's just a thought. :)

Amy

More
05 Mar 2006 18:40 #1109379093 by annchristin
Replied by annchristin on topic Re:Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry
B)

Thanx 4 coming up with that idea! Wanna tell U that I've hear aid and has that possible to use a magnetical thing that give me possible to hear something :pinch: , but it's not enough, of course, when use it through watching my Lynley DVD, I hear his voice, in that way I hear :unsure: , and for me his voice sounds very deep, somewhere in the bas...but :( ... ehhh???

It really doesn't say me anything, I'm afraid...I've nothing to reference to...

doesn't hear my own voice, so what???:angry:

People says that my voice is very small and thin, they hardly hear what I'm saying, but what I feel myself I'm talking normally...:whistle:

So, sorry I can't do anything to that but just ask and just impress what that means...

Don't talk to me about bird singing at spring, leaves razzling or something like this :angry:

Don't even know what it's!

a very :angry: deaf Ann-Christin

It isn\'t what I do, but how I do it. It isn\'t what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it.
Mae West

More
05 Mar 2006 21:54 #1109379094 by gamerchick02
Replied by gamerchick02 on topic Re:Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry
I was just thinking, you know. I got the idea from a show I watched, actually. It was "Scientific American Frontiers" about the cochular (sp?) implant. They interviewed some of the people who had them and they told about what they could hear before they got it, and what they could hear after. One of the people said they could hear the vibrations out of a good set of speakers if they sat really close to them or on top of them.

Amy

More
06 Mar 2006 04:43 #1109379096 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Hear this! Nat reading John Donne's poetry
Hi annchristine

well, we all know by now that you have a disability. Lots of people on this site enjoy his audiowork and his voice and like to talk about it. That's not their fault, right? Let them have their fun, please. If people try to explain to you what his voice feels like, take it as good-will not as an offence towards you personally.

Btw. Bleak House is out now in the UK and it has subtitles. It is a very good piece of work and you should definitely try and get hold of it. It's worth watching more than once.

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

We use cookies and fonts from outside this website Read our Policy