Help! Audio CD for Christmas present

More
11 Dec 2008 11:15 #1109386261 by tosca
I want to give one of Nat's audio CDs to my 11 year old godson for Christmas. Please could you post suggestions.

Many thanks

Tosca

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2008 11:42 - 13 Dec 2008 16:24 #1109386263 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Help! Audio CD for Christmas present
Hi Tosca:) ,
I don't know your daughter, but wonderful audio books read by Nat are
The Water Horse
Danny the Champion of the World and
all the Artemis Fowl Books
Maybe she will like them
:) :laugh: :)

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Sorry! Think it is the Christmas stress, that I have not read your message right.

I agree with pixie. For a 11 year old boy The Water Horse and Danny the Champion of the World I would not recommend. The others are much better.

:):laugh: :)
Last edit: 13 Dec 2008 16:24 by inspector.

More
13 Dec 2008 11:15 #1109386281 by sweetlittlepixie
Replied by sweetlittlepixie on topic Re:Help! Audio CD for Christmas present
I would say that The Water Horse and Danny are a bit tame for an 11 year old boy..

The Artemis Fowl series (for any age actually) starting with the first one,'Artemis Fowl', would be my first choice.

Then there are the Young James Bond books, in order they're 'Silverfin', 'Blood Fever', 'Double or Die' and 'Hurricane Gold'.

There's 'Stormbreaker'... or an 11 year old wouldn't get bogged down with Nat's abridged version of 'David Copperfield', which is a very pleasant listen and would be a great introduction to Dickens.

Why not have a read of the reviews in the All Audios section to help you decide any (or all!) of the above.

Pixie :)

More
13 Dec 2008 15:03 #1109386282 by tosca
Replied by tosca on topic Re:Help! Audio CD for Christmas present
Thank you inspector and sweet littlepixie. This is really helpful - think we'll go with Artemis Fowl for starters.

Happy Christmas!

More
13 Dec 2008 18:44 #1109386289 by UNF
Replied by UNF on topic Re:Help! Audio CD for Christmas present
I second Pixie's recommendations, every one of them. Artemis and Young James Bond and Stormbreaker are perfect choices. The Rinaldi Ring is great, too, but not available new, only used, I think. And David Copperfield is just terrific.

Good luck, and merry Christmas to you and your godson :) P.S. After he's finished with the CDs, you should bottow them for a listen, too :) You'll love Artemis!

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

We use cookies and fonts from outside this website Read our Policy