Many greetings.
Amparo.:kiss:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2009 10:28 #1109387196 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:Black Beauty
Hello everyone,

I just received the following letter from one of the kind staff at BBC audio-books:

"Thank you for your recent enquiry with regards to the new audio book release of ‘Black Beauty’ read by Nathaniel Parker (isbn no.9781408405574). This title is available on 6CD’s priced at £15.99 plus £3.50 postage and packing. If you would like to place an order please call our Customer Service Office on 01225 443400 and we can place an order for you.

Many Thanks.

Celia Coleman"

That's half the advertised price, folks!

Of course, if you live outside the UK, don't forget to dial your country's international code (00 or 011, for example) and then 44 for the UK.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this one.

Tigger

More
26 Feb 2009 13:39 #1109387197 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Black Beauty
Hi ya

I got a different quote for the p&p to Germany, but hey, it seems that Chivers doesn't take its own advertisement too seriously. Just one hint tho' you don't actually need to call them. An e-mail is good enough. Just for those who are reluctant to spell out all those address, name and credit card details in a foreign language! Oh and that mail addy would be info*et*audiobookcollection.com - they are very nice and helpful. And while we're at it if you do combine shipping it gets cheaper! So for those who haven't yet ordered the Artemis Fowl: the Time Paradox CDs - this is your chance. Just order both editions together and you save on shipping fee!

Cheerios!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
26 Feb 2009 14:52 #1109387198 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Black Beauty
Hi:)!
I have got the same email, but unfortunately my English is not good enough to phone. I have sent a new email and because they always are very kind, I am sure, that I will got Black Beauty too.
Finally a new audio book to hear - can't await!
:) :laugh: :)

More
28 Mar 2009 16:18 #1109387473 by UNF
Replied by UNF on topic Re:Black Beauty
Heads up, folks.

I just learned today that 'Black Beauty' is available on the North American audiobook download site, audible.com, for $17.80 US. That's early for them - they don't always list a release this close to the UK release. If I knew it'd be there so soon, I wouldn't have bothered ordering the CDs, which I haven't received yet! :( :(

It's also available on audible.co.uk for 12.99 GBP.

And, while you decide what to do, you can whet your appetites with the 3-minute sample on either of those sites. Lovely 3 minutes of the best narrator (and most beautiful voice) working today, in my view. Can't wait to hear the rest.

More
28 Mar 2009 16:49 - 28 Mar 2009 17:00 #1109387474 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Black Beauty
Hi UNF:),
I don't know, where you have ordered "Black Beauty". If you have ordered it by audiobookcollection, don't worry. I have received my CDs last week, so that I am sure, that you will get yours soon. I cross my fingers!
I have started hearing yesterday and I am sure that you will enjoy this story as well as all, which are read by Nat.
File Attachment:

Be patient
:):laugh: :)
Last edit: 28 Mar 2009 17:00 by inspector.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

We use cookies and fonts from outside this website Read our Policy