Wm Brodrick's Third 'Father Anselm' Book Released

More
09 Jun 2009 12:46 #1109388082 by UNF
I just received a notification from Amazon.co.uk that William Brodrick's third novel featuring Father Anselm is available. It's called 'A Whispered Name'. I sincerely hope that Nat Parker will record this, which he has done so admirably with the previous two Father Anselm novels.

Also would like to put my plug in for Nat to play Father Anselm in a film. AND a plug for him to play Stephen in "A Child in Time" by Ian McEwen, another of his beautifully read audiobooks. One can always hope!:) He'd be brilliant protraying those characters.

Best wishes, all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2009 14:45 #1109388083 by inspector
Hi and thank you for the information:)!

I also cross my fingers, that Nat will read the new book with Father Amseln. I really enjoyed the former audio books "The Sixt Lamentation" and "The Gardens of The Dead".
You are quite right: Nat would be a perfect Father Amseln. Maybe in future we will see him in this role:) .

:) :laugh: :)

More
10 Jun 2009 17:40 #1109388084 by BurningTorch
Replied by BurningTorch on topic Re:Wm Brodrick's Third 'Father Anselm' Book Released
Hope he does record the new Father Anselm book, that'll be on my summer audio list, if not this year (let's face it highly unlikely) then at least next! Either way, long may the Father Anselm series continue!

More
11 Jun 2009 04:02 - 11 Jun 2009 04:03 #1109388085 by tigger
Thanks very much for the information. I'm looking forward to the new book, too.

I agree that Nat would play Father Anselm very well. We've not yet seen him as a monk or a priest, have we? It would be an interesting addition to his repertoire of roles.

And I agree totally about the idea of his playing Stephen in The Child in Time. Of all the books he's read so far, this is my favourite: he's always terrific, but this particular reading is particularly sensitively done. It's beautiful.

By the way, there's a new Rennie Airth book out as well: with any luck, they'll ask Nat to read this one as well.

Tigger
Last edit: 11 Jun 2009 04:03 by tigger.

More
11 Jun 2009 15:33 - 11 Jun 2009 15:44 #1109388097 by inspector
Hi:)!
Thanks Tigger for the "Rennie Airth" hint. Do you know the title of the book?
:) :laugh: :)
Gruß Claudia
Last edit: 11 Jun 2009 15:44 by inspector.

More
11 Jun 2009 19:35 #1109388101 by UNF
Wow, would love if Nat would record the new Rennie Airth novel as well. AND play the lead character (the detective) if ever there is a movie based on these books.

Thanks for the heads up.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy