Wm Brodrick's Third 'Father Anselm' Book Released

More
19 Sep 2009 19:00 #1109389101 by tigger
Mais oui, certainement!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2009 00:43 #1109389161 by DRae
Wm Brodrick's books have been hard to find in my area. They are not in the local library, nor the book stores. I finally found the second one in a used book store here. I look forward to reading it. Maybe I can order the others on-line. I agree, Nat Parker would do great in a role as a priest. I don't think he's played that kind of a role before.
Donna Rae

More
04 Oct 2009 06:02 - 04 Oct 2009 06:02 #1109389162 by tigger
Donna Rae, there are some very good sites on the Internet for ordering used books (as well as new ones). Amazon.com is good, but so is abebooks.com. Sometimes you end up paying more for the postage than the actual book: I recently ordered JG Ballard's autiobiography (he also wrote the famous Empire of the Sun), and paid only 61 pence (GBP) for the book itself; another time, I paid 1 penny for the book!

You can also save a bit of the postal fees, sometimes, by ordering several books from just the one place, instead of getting each book from a different address. You have to check the postage fees carefully, but you'll see where it is worthwhile and where it isn't.

Just be warned, though: once you start, it's hard to stop ordering! :-) I can't count the number of parcels I've ordered.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2009 06:02 by tigger.

More
11 Oct 2009 22:53 #1109389205 by DRae
Hi Tigger,
I just finished the 'Gardens of the Dead'. It does well as a stand-alone book, but I am sure that reading the 1st book 1st would have allowed me to know more about the Father Anselm character. I never guessed the ending of this book ahead of time. It is an interesting psychological study in how different people react in a similar environment. I enjoyed reading this very much. Donna Rae

More
18 Oct 2009 03:31 #1109389253 by tigger
Hi Donna Rae,

Gardens of the Dead is good, but I felt that The Sixth Lamentation is even better. It's really a terrific read (and Nat does a wonderful job in the audio-book adaptation). I recommend it very highly.

Tigger

More
22 Oct 2009 12:45 #1109389273 by tigger
Hey everyone, William Brodrick won the first prize at the Specsaver Crime Thrillers Awards last night. This is lovely for him, and I'm sure sales of the book will benefit from it. Perhaps, too, it will encourage the Powers That Be to invite Nat, all the more speedily, to read it. :-)

Tigger

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy