A Room With A View

More
15 Jun 2009 07:19 #1109388125 by webmistress
A Room With A View was created by webmistress
Dear all

As one of our "silent" members just informs me, there's a treat for all audio enthusiasts on Radio BBC 7.

The play "A room with a view" with Nat is a hard-to-find and was actually on BBC radio 7 last week but for those that can access it there is the BBC iplayer . There are seven day catch up repeats - 4 hour long episodes starting this coming Tuesday (16th June).

TX to that helpful member who gave me this hint! I'm sure you'll have a great wave of "thank you's" coming your way soon.

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2009 16:08 #1109388149 by dagif
Replied by dagif on topic Re:A Room With A View
Yesterday and today I heard Parts 1 and 2 of Room with a View and can say that it is extremely amusing. In Part 3 and 4 Nat Parker performs George Wise. From what I heard already I can tell you all that it's a lovely, very touching part. Nat seems to play an old fashioned, very amiable, shy young man. This character somewhat reminds me of his role in Quartermain. He plays - as always - admirably. Those of you who have access to the internet: you should really hear Room with a View. But remember that BBC puts it into the iplayer only for a short time ! There are only 2/3 days left.

Let me point out that the articulation in this play is phantastic so that even non-brits are able to understand each syllable.

Cheers to you all,
dagif.

More
16 Jun 2009 16:55 #1109388151 by Pitzel
Replied by Pitzel on topic Re:A Room With A View
I am listening to this as I post here. Nat's voice reminds me of his love lost character in the Haunted Mansion.

More
16 Jun 2009 17:47 #1109388153 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:A Room With A View
I really like this particular dramatisation of this lovely story, and Nat's very touching as Lucy's failed lover. (Has anyone seen the film, made around 1986, I think, in which Daniel Day-Lewis played this same role -- also with great sensitivity. What a pair of fantastic actors they are!)

Highly recommended.

Tigger

More
17 Jun 2009 00:13 #1109388162 by UNF
Replied by UNF on topic Re:A Room With A View
To whomever it was who let Jessie know, I thank you very, very much for the notice of A Room With A View playing on the BBC iPlayer!

More
18 Jun 2009 11:55 #1109388174 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:A Room With A View
I hope lots of people here had a chance to hear this. The whole cast is excellent, but of course it's lovely to hear Nat in the role of Cecil.

Tigger

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy