The Whole Day Through

More
30 Jul 2009 01:16 #1109388637 by dchakko
Replied by dchakko on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Thanks Jessie-

Yes, that's what I was thinking, to burn the first part, free up drive space, then go for the second part.

Looking forward to listening to it!

-Diane

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;
And time it rolls right on;
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better;
And maybe what's bad gets gone."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2009 19:06 #1109388701 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Audacity gives you wav files: if you use Nero Express (for example), you indicate that you want to burn an audio CD, and then you choose the tracks from your hard drive that you want to burn... The program automatically converts the wav files into MP3 files (which take up much less space).

Once I've burned the CD, I save the MP3 files back onto the computer (I use a program called Alto MP3 Gold) and then delete the old wav files. Saves a whole lot of room on the hard disk.

Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! :)

Tigger

More
10 Aug 2009 19:57 - 10 Aug 2009 20:36 #1109388727 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Will have to plan for 10*15 minutes as there are 10 episodes in this series, but only five episodes scheduled so far.

Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D
Last edit: 10 Aug 2009 20:36 by Nenne.

More
10 Aug 2009 21:33 #1109388728 by dchakko
Thanks for the heads up on how many episodes! I just heard episode 1- very nice. I almost missed it by miscalculating the time difference- I thought it would be at 6:45 pm EDT in Indiana :blush: , but luckily tuned in early and caught it at 5:45. Actually I used the World Time Converter web site www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html , converted from 22:45 GMT to North America EDT and it came up with 6:45 pm- strange. My thinking must be wrong somehow.

--Diane :kiss: :kiss:

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;

More
12 Aug 2009 09:24 #1109388736 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Over here in Israel, it broadcasts at 45 minutes after midnight! Needless to say, I listen the next day.

I really liked the first episode, and am already hooked. Clearly, I'm going to have to read the book.

If they are going to broadcast ten episodes, then perhaps that will be the whole book after all; I had thought that, if it's only five, it can't possibly be that short... Anyway, double the number of opportunities to listen to Nat is no problem at all in this household.:P

Tigger

More
12 Aug 2009 11:44 #1109388737 by dchakko

Audacity gives you wav files:

Tigger,

My version of Audacity was able to export the episode as an MP3 file- Only hitch was I had to locate the lame_enc.dll file on my hard drive and tell Audacity its location. I already had that file 'cause it's my son's old computer, and he has always done a lot of audio mixing, burning of CDs, etc. If you don't have it, can probably easily download it - the LAME MP3 encoder - lame.sourceforge.net/

Good luck,
Diane :)

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy