The Whole Day Through

More
25 Jul 2009 14:26 - 25 Jul 2009 14:29 #1109388556 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
dchakko wrote:

Hmmm- I wonder if I can record the episodes- :unsure: Oh, I know--- my son, of the more techno-savy generation, can do it for me, perhaps-- ;)

- Diane

Hi Diane

surely you won't need the help of your son, 'tho it's always nice to have someone who's a techie....

Just download this , and after you've finished your installation, hit that record button. It will save all you hear via your PC's sound-card. I use the wav format and then I have it changed to a CD format. Oh, you can use the same program for doing that, just change to that burn button. I found this free program always very easy to use and quite nifty.

Hope this helps, just try it and do some tests. Could well be that you need to adjust the source for the sound...

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jul 2009 14:29 by webmistress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2009 14:33 #1109388558 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Hi Jessika:),

I know the answer is not for me, but I will try to use the program
too. This will be better than to record with the microphone of my mp3 player.

Claudia

More
25 Jul 2009 14:44 #1109388561 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Thank you Jessika
I like to listen than :cheer:
Greetings Lisa

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de

More
25 Jul 2009 14:49 #1109388562 by dchakko
Replied by dchakko on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
Dear Jessie,

Thanks so much, I tried to install it but I have Windows 98 , and, like most current software, it requires Windows XP or hier. That is why I impose on my son for some of these things- not that he has much spare time -- If I have time, I can check whether there is an older version of the software and install that, or perhaps there is something already on my computer- it is one of my son's cast-off old computers, you see, and I don't know all that's available. :unsure: (or maybe he'll need a new computer soon so he can work from home- he's a neuro-radiologist- and I'll get a more current cast-off! :lol: :silly: :lol: )

Hugs,
Diane

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;
And time it rolls right on;
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better;
And maybe what's bad gets gone."

More
25 Jul 2009 15:02 #1109388563 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:The Whole Day Through
dchakko wrote:

Dear Jessie,

Thanks so much, I tried to install it but I have Windows 98 , and, like most current software, it requires Windows XP or higher.

Hugs,
Diane

Hi Diane

What? Bleedin' Windows 98?! Outch! Now I do understand why it doesn't work for you. I've looked up this one older version for your "antique" PC. Try this one here - it says Windows (all versions). Maybe this will do the trick?

Really we should exchange our PCs. I just tried yesterday to install an oldish program I loved playing back in 1999 - no way José! My Win XP simply died while I was desperate to play it again. I was sobbing, really I was. I can't play my game any longer - huah. Why? Now they even got Vista out, no worse than that Windows 7. What are they playing at?

Cheers

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
25 Jul 2009 15:15 #1109388564 by dchakko
Replied by dchakko on topic Re:The Whole Day Through

Now they even got Vista out, no worse than that Windows 7. What are they playing at?

Hi again,

What they are playing at is making you buy new software, or better yet, hardware! I remember back when I worked with mainframes, IBM was notorious for that. Kind of like the "free" printers that cost a fortune for ink cartridges.- another pet peeve.

This is pretty funny-- My son, Mat, complains that Vista doesn't work well for displaying medical images, so he needs to use his older laptop for doing hospital work at home sometimes-- You and I and Mat need to do a big computer trade- :woohoo:
:silly: :silly: :woohoo:

Haven't had a chance to try your other version- think I'll wait 'til I hear from Mat-- there may be something hiding in my "antique" that I can use.:P

-Diane

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;
And time it rolls right on;
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better;
And maybe what's bad gets gone."

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy