Salvation Army Concert at Royal Albert Hall

More
20 Dec 2009 16:16 - 20 Dec 2009 16:23 #1109389892 by UNF
Just want to say how lovely it was to listen to Nathaniel and all the other performers and presenters in the Salvation Army Concert Highlights on BBC Guernsey this morning. It was just beautiful!! I was so disappointed I couldn't attend the concert, but this went a long way towards making up for it. Nathaniel did a beautiful reading - wish he'd just kept going and going ... Can never get too much of such a beautiful voice and delivery. Thank you, Nathaniel.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the schedules for these, Jessika. I am delighted that the concert is playable on the 'Listen again' feature now for 7 days, so I will be re-listening and making it a frequent back-drop as our Christmas week unfolds. I really appreciate that the BBC has made this possible for those of us who are not in the UK.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2009 16:23 by UNF.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2009 03:29 #1109389909 by tigger
I was delighted to be able to hear the highlights on BBC Guernsey. Firstly, it was a waltz down memory lane with all the carols sung by the community -- just lovely. And secondly, but not secondary, hearing Nat was -- as always -- a pleasure. I was rather taken aback that he had only two pieces, but hey, it's all good. It was also nice to hear June Whitfield again.

Thanks for the heads-up about the link. Being able to listen to BBC radio (any station) over the Internet is a blast.

Tigger

More
22 Dec 2009 03:36 #1109389910 by tigger
I'm puzzled: the report said that the concert hosted about 4,000 people... yet they raised only 5,000GBP. It's a very nice amount, of course, but what a shame it wasn't much more. I suppose hiring the hall alone, and all the other practicalities, swallowed up the lion's share of the 'door'. I had assumed that the actors and singers would have volunteered their time, but perhaps that's a misapprehension.

More
23 Dec 2009 21:28 #1109389926 by subject
I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Nat's voice. Really needed a break, and how else to spend it? WONDERFUL!

Hugs.

Pat

More
24 Dec 2009 10:05 - 24 Dec 2009 10:08 #1109389928 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Salvation Army Concert and Merry Christmas
Dear all:):):),

I just rest a little before I will celebrate Christmas Eve together with my family. I am hearing the concert at the Royal Albert Hall and especially enjoying to hear Nat reading.

I wish all of you a merry Christmas together with your family or friends.

Claudia
:) :laugh: :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Dec 2009 10:08 by inspector.

More
24 Dec 2009 10:19 #1109389929 by Amparo
Hello everyone:cheer: !
I also enjoyed the wonderful Christmas concert, and especially the reading of Nat:woohoo: , he's been fantastic:silly: . Always so nice to hear his wonderful voice:woohoo:.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Christmas greetings:kiss: .
Amparo.
Attachments:

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy