Room with a View

More
28 Feb 2010 08:04 #1109390557 by dagif
Room with a View was created by dagif
Hello,
please let me tell you that "Room with a View" will be repeated on BBC Radio 7 from Tuesday 2nd March till Friday 5th March (10-11 am and 3-4 pm). These episodes will not be broadcast by BBC iPlayer.
Cheers,
dagif

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2010 10:22 #1109390559 by UNF
Replied by UNF on topic Re:Room with a View
Thanks for that info, Dagif. Look forward to it. I love any audio work - books, plays - that Nathaniel Parker has done.

More
05 Mar 2010 20:05 #1109390611 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Room with a View
Thanks for your update, dagif. I recorded it while it had been re-broadcast in 2007 I think. It's a good one, Nat as an arrogant and boring sod....

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
06 Mar 2010 03:20 #1109390625 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Re:Room with a View
Dear dagif,

Thank you for advising us to this. I have finally managed to listen to all four episodes.

As I have heard bits of it in the past I have now come to like it. And the fact it was written the same year my granny was born made it more interesting. For what reason I don't know.

Now, I'll see if I can figure out how to use the CD-burner for a later listen.

Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

More
06 Mar 2010 07:54 #1109390627 by dagif
Replied by dagif on topic Re:Room with a View
Hello Jessika, dear Nat-Fans,

I also had recorded the former broadcast of Room with a View. Nevertheless I heard it again on BBC Radio 7 and can say that I liked it even more. The play is extremely funny ! Besides I always appreciate a happy end. By the way: I think Cecil Wise (the character Nat is playing) isn’t one-dimensional. He is able to recognise his own faults, his weakness of character, and doesn’t reproach Lucy for the failure of their engagement. He is really an unhappy man, dominated by his mother.

All the best to you all,
dagif

More
06 Mar 2010 15:12 - 06 Mar 2010 15:12 #1109390637 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Re:Room with a View
Hello Dagif,
oh, what a pitty I missed it, it was impossible to listen because I was busy at this time..:dry:
But the last time I listened one episode and yes Nat was great as Cecil Wise:cheer: . Maybe another time..
Greetings and Glück auf!!
Lisa :kiss:

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de
Last edit: 06 Mar 2010 15:12 by Lisa.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy