Piece of Cake

More
30 Nov 2006 22:41 #1109380303 by TERRILOVE
Replied by TERRILOVE on topic Re:Piece of Cake
gamerchick02 wrote:

TERRILOVE:

I don't have a credit card either, although I find my debit card very easy to use... It's nice when you find your bank is closed and you need some cash. Those cash machines are really nice!

I have a prepaid cell phone. I prefer it over a "plan" phone because if I don't have the money for it one month, I don't have to pay for it that month. Mine is a Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go.

Amy

PS: I agree that there is too much information about you out there. My name has been sold so many times it's unreal. My high school sold my name to credit card companies. I'm not sure if my college did or not, but I think it's wrong for any school to sell your name for anything.

I can almost guarantee you that if you give anybody your name/info for anything...they will sell it unless they explicitly show you they have a policy not to. In case of that-do not give out your real info. Use disposable phone numbers and mailing addresses, use a name variation so you'll instantly see what's been sold out and what company may have done it. It's also good to have a disposable email address if they insist on having that info. I went to 4 high schools-I shudder to think what they sold of mine...and who it went to.

I don't know what other countries have, but in the US, almost anybody can look up a name and get name, address, phone numbers, and other kinds of info with a simple search and a credit card. (Even a stalker can.) There's an advantage to having unlisted, unpublished phone numbers, not using your full legal name on all public records (because people can buy them easily)
and using a commercial mailbox instead of a USPS PO box or residential address. You think I'm joking...but it's amazing how much info they can buy or sell and who can get it.

Well, God I hope the stalkers never figure it all out. I can't tolerate them. Won't tolerate them.
...I think Amy has got the right idea....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2006 03:34 #1109380304 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Piece of Cake

I think Amy has got the right idea

Oh my gosh, while we are talking about it now. I think I have to close down this site immediately. There's my phone number up, my full name and all... and I have to give that out to public listings, else I would stand a chance to run a site like this ;)

Sorry. :side: :woohoo:

As I said, there are other things I worry about. :lol: Maybe things are a bit different in good old Europe or we are a bit more relaxed about certain things. :blink:

Cheers!

webmistress :silly:

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
01 Dec 2006 07:31 #1109380305 by Songbird
Replied by Songbird on topic Re:Piece of Cake
Ha ha, paranoia indeed.
Unfortunately there’s good cause to just a bit more than wary about personal info, identity theft for one thing.
I do use my credit card on line though and I’ve had virtually no problems with venders or my credit card company.
Someone earlier mentioned a prepaid cell or mobile phone. I have one and it’s adequate for some communication with my home and family though the reception isn’t the best where I live (Southern California - desert region)
I hope you all stay safe. You sound like a savvy crowd, I suppose that’s why I like it here…erm b-besides the lovely eye candy…I mean, Nat Parker. :blush:

Songbird ^__^

More
13 Feb 2012 06:44 #1109394362 by Alicia
Replied by Alicia on topic Re:Piece of Cake
I finally had a chance to see this, and what a great series it is. Nat is great as Flash. And funny to see the new Inspector Barnaby in it too. He is such an ass in this series. I'm glad I bought the DVD. It is worth seeing again.

Best wishes,
Alicia

More
16 Feb 2012 04:20 #1109394368 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re:Piece of Cake
Y'all probably know this, but "Piece of Cake" is on Netflix discs here in the US. It's on my list after I catch up with the banned "SOUTH PARK" episodes. :evil:

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

More
25 Feb 2012 17:52 #1109394455 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re:Piece of Cake
Ok, so I've *finally* seen this gem of a series! I totally love it! I'm a war movie buff ("The Dirty Dozen" is my favorite "comfort-with-a-pint-of-ice-cream movie") and I love WWII dogfights so I just *totally loved* this series.

Nat looks so young in this! (Of course, 'cause he *was* younger!) But wow, what a terrific performance! I don't want to post any spoilers if you haven't seen it. I loved it so much that I went to my favorite used records/CD's/DVD's store and found a used copy for $20 USD! I want to watch it again and again.

I loved the interplay between the characters and Nat's character had such a terrific arc from happy-go-lucky to...well, you'll just have to watch it to find out. The dogfights are terrific and I really felt for the pilots.

I'm not familiar with "Inspector Barnaby". Was he the actor who played "Moggy"?

"Moggy" was a total sociopath, but a good fighter pilot.

It's not like a Hollywood version of the story, where the cute "good guys" necessarily make it to the end of the movie.

I loved it that Nat's character was named "Flash" after Flash Gordon. It's so funny though, it reminded me in parts of that Monty Python "RAF Banter" skit. I had to Google several of the phrases the pilots used to tell what they were talking about..."pranged his kite" and so forth.

Nat is just so wonderful in all of his scenes. *Le sigh* That man is just *such* eye candy!!!! :) :D :)

If you haven't seen it, it is available here in the US on Netflix. I lucked out in finding a used copy, from what I've read here it seems that they're expensive online? Anyway, ladies, ENJOY!!! THIS is a TREAT!!! :) :D :)

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy