Wide Sargasso Sea

More
02 Jan 2008 14:06 #1109383305 by Tels
Wide Sargasso Sea was created by Tels
I had this on my wish list for ages and hubby, bless him, finally got it for me for Christmas. Its only on Region one but our multiregion dvd player solves that problem.

the disc comes with two versions, R and NC17. Only had chance to see one version so far but soon as the kids go back to school next week i intend to see the other.

It's well worth seeing. Nat's acting is as always wonderful and in my opinion makes a better Mr Rochester than any other i've seen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2008 14:59 #1109383306 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:Wide Sargasso Sea
I agree with you, Tels, that Nat is excellent, even if people panned the film as a whole. I've seen far worse! :-) I would have loved to have seen Nat as Mr Rochester in one of the TV versions of Jane Eyre: he would still be marvellous, but there's probably no chance now, because Timothy Dalton did such a terrific job. (Never did like any of the other ones.)... Unless someone decides to come up with the budget. But who would be a good Jane, to match him?

More
02 Jan 2008 15:08 #1109383308 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Wide Sargasso Sea
Hi Tels,:)

I also agree with you. Nat is a wonderful Mr. Rochester. I have not seen the TV version with Timothy Dalton and I don't want to see it, but I have seen Jane Eyre with William Hurt and I think he is a good Mr. Rochester too.

:) :laugh: :)

More
04 Jan 2008 02:44 #1109383317 by Tels
Replied by Tels on topic Re:Wide Sargasso Sea
Hi :)
Casting Jane would be easy. Sharon Small. ;)

More
05 Jan 2008 18:20 #1109383325 by Fantines
Replied by Fantines on topic Re:Wide Sargasso Sea
I have to agree with Tigger Tim Dalton plays a brilliant Rochester. Last year Toby Stevens played him he was ok but not as good as Tim. But what we must remember Rochester is not very good looking so Nat couldn't possible play the part.

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

More
09 Jan 2008 14:00 #1109383383 by nicc
Replied by nicc on topic Re:Wide Sargasso Sea
I have to say. I agree with the above comments. Nat is a wonderfull Mr. Rochester.
Some people don't like the movie, but that is a personal thing
Personally I like the film . The characters are played well by handsome actors both men and woman.
Nat may do it again.
niccherr

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy