I'm so proud

More
01 Aug 2010 05:09 #1109391925 by subject
Replied by subject on topic Re:I'm so proud
You're very welcome, Claudia. I learn a lot by just trying things out. I've been thru XP, Vista and now Windows 7. They all do things differently, so I am constantly learning how to do things.

Right now on my new pc I have a dragon of a security system, and it won't let me do much of anything! Gonna have to go on their forum and see who else is having probs. My smilebox won't work, and myriad other probs with programs I need to use, but can't.

Any time I can help someone else it is a joy. Many have helped me.

Hugs.

Pat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2010 13:09 #1109391927 by Mai
Replied by Mai on topic Re:I'm so proud
Getting it on a disc is a great idea , Pat - I'll get right on it :)

Same thing here, most of my IT skills are learning by doing and trial and error - and of course lots of back-ups, just in case I mess things up completely ;) I have Vista right now, and it won't really compromise with me, so I've had to learn it all the hard way. Too bad that it wasn't possible to buy any computer with other systems than Vista back when I bought mine. I'll never be fond of Vista, but I've pretty much learned to live with it ;)

Pat, you're a great help, and I for one really appreciate all your help and suggestions :)

More
01 Aug 2010 13:50 #1109391928 by subject
Hi Mai,

I detested Vista. Had it for 2 years and nothing but trouble. It came on my old pc too. Windows 7 is better, but the guy who built this pc put a dragon of a security system on it, and it won't let me do ANYTHING. Can't use some of my fav programs.

Just joined the forum, and getting ready to see what is what and how to get around it! lol

Always happy to help anyone.

Hugs.

Pat

More
01 Aug 2010 14:06 - 01 Aug 2010 14:11 #1109391929 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:I'm so proud
Hi Pat,
I really agree with you. Having a PC is always learning by doing. I also used windows xp and vista before. Since last week a have new PC with window 7. I never was a friend of vista. As far as I can see, windows 7 pleases me much more. Thank God I have only a few problems with the new system and no problems to be here on this site.
I cross my fingers that you will tame the dragon soon.
Greetings
Claudia
Last edit: 01 Aug 2010 14:11 by inspector.

More
01 Aug 2010 17:51 #1109391931 by subject
Love my new pc. 22" screen of Nat is WONDERFUL! I love Windows 7 also.

I am so persistent no dragon is gonna keep me down! I'll find a way around it!

At least I can use my movie maker! WOO HOO!

Hugs.

More
01 Aug 2010 19:28 - 01 Aug 2010 19:29 #1109391934 by Mai
Replied by Mai on topic Re:I'm so proud
If I could afford it, I'd hurry up and get a new computer - but until then, I'll unfortunately have to keep on battling with Vista :( Oh well, at least I can still write my essays, watch my pics and use the sites and functions I need online. And I know some little shortcuts and ways to get around the obstacles, so as long as it doesn't get any worse than it is now, I'll survive ;)
Last edit: 01 Aug 2010 19:29 by Mai.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy