A Village Affair soon available on Region 1 DVD

More
07 Apr 2009 21:09 #1109387573 by DRae
Hi everyone,

A Village Affair is being released on DVD in region 1 format on May 26, 2009. Several USA bookstores, such as Borders and Barnes and Noble are already accepting pre-orders. This will undoubtedly be available on Amazon.com as well. This is definitely on my wish list.

:woohoo: Donna Rae

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2009 16:49 #1109387581 by tigger
Thanks for the information, Donna Rae. This is a very touching film -- low-key, but as relevant now as it was back in 1992. I really recommend it.

Tigger

More
13 Jan 2010 23:44 #1109390111 by Myfanwy
Our local library got it in a couple of months ago and I borrowed it. The excellent cast certainly carried the story along.

More
14 Jan 2010 02:46 - 14 Jan 2010 02:49 #1109390116 by DRae
Hi Myfanwy,

Welcome back to the forum. I thought Village Affair was well done. It is really sad that the young wife, Alice, lets everyone control her life, including her husband, mother-in-law, and her lover. She gets herself together in the end but leaves a lot of destruction behind.
So awful for the husband, Nat's part, even though his character isn't without fault in the matter. I recall several movies where Nat has to do a crying scene. A Piece of Cake, The Black Candle, and A Suitable Vengeance (Inspector Lynley). I think he did the most convincing job on the Lynley episode.

Donna Rae
Last edit: 14 Jan 2010 02:49 by DRae.

More
14 Jan 2010 20:51 #1109390123 by Myfanwy
Hi Donna Rae

That was a very good episode of IL. I haven't seen Piece of Cake or the Black Candle. I thought he did a pretty good job in A Village Affair as well. I thought the scene where he gets very aggressive with his wife after he discovers the affair was also very well done - a difficult one to watch.

SPOILER HERE RE: FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD[/b] - However, the scene in Far from the Madding Crowd where Gabriel gets teary over Bathsheba when they are discussing getting married near the end of the story was quite powerful. Not overdone at all, which I think added to its intensity. Probably one of my favourite NP scenes.

Myfanwy

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy