Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v

More
20 Apr 2009 06:20 - 20 Apr 2009 06:24 #1109387706 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Dear all

I just uploaded the stills with Nat from this exceptionally fine made-for-TV movie. I must say that I'm deeply impressed by it. It's all been done in a rather slow (and therefore to my understanding fitting) fashion. You don't see big actor's egos here. All is very humble and to me poignant in portrayal. Nat's part isn't very big, as Pitzel said, but he's indeed very much there. Seems to me that his part has been reduced, but also Goran's part is also quite small. Well it is Irena's story, right!

There are some agonizing scenes in this one, heart-wrenching and also scary. The deportations scenes are truly haunting. Irena's character never seemed to show any fear. What a courageous woman she must have been and how desperate she was that she "wished to have been able to save more"... How touching and almost unreal to see her in an interview right at the end of this movie where she tells us to be grateful to those mothers who had to give away their children and to the Polish women who took the children in and raised them like their own. She never mentions her own actions... What a woman, she truly was a hero and she was real.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to announce the actual DVD release date, so everyone can buy and watch it at least via DVD.

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2009 06:24 by webmistress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2009 11:55 #1109387707 by dchakko
Replied by dchakko on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Hi All,

I watched it, and was very impressed. It was so moving, and, yes, the interview at the end was wonderful. There were 2 scenes where they seemed to go to a lot of trouble to avoid showing the Dr's face, and I wondered if it was even Nat at all-- maybe someone else with him doing voice-over? I had publicized this movie among my friends, at various club meetings, etc.- I'm anxious to hear what they thought. I'm going to 2 meetings today, so I can ask if anyone else saw it. Well worth watching, even if Nat wasn't in it at all- but still a pleasure to see him, if just for a few minutes.

-Diane

PS Of course, thanks so much for the stills, Jessika!

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;
And time it rolls right on;
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better;
And maybe what's bad gets gone."

More
20 Apr 2009 12:19 #1109387710 by Amparo
Replied by Amparo on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Dear Jessika:) :
Thank you very much for the stills of Nat, as always he is fantastic and very handsome.:woohoo: .
Pity :( that he did not see the movie a little more because it is a great movie, although in Europe we need to wait for the DVD on sale.
Thanks again.:kiss:
Amparo.

More
20 Apr 2009 13:46 - 20 Apr 2009 13:48 #1109387711 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Dear Jessika :) :kiss: :)
Thank you for the "StillĀ“s" :cheer: So I have to wait until I can watch this very important on a Real Story Movie.
It is so good that in this dark past time, some people where courage and strong to help other People.
Thank you so much!!:cheer:
Greetings
Lisa

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de
Last edit: 20 Apr 2009 13:48 by Lisa.

More
20 Apr 2009 15:26 #1109387712 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Dear Jessika,

Thanks very much for the new pictures of Nat from the Irena Sendler movie. Nat looks rather young in there.
Unfortunately, I couldn't watch it here in Holland, I'll have to wait for the DVD.
Hope it will be there soon!

greetings, Erika

More
20 Apr 2009 16:35 #1109387713 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Irena Sendler Anna Paquin i/v
Hi Jessika,
thank you for this extensive remark, so that we all can imagine what a remarkable movie we have to wait for.
:) :laugh: :)
LG
Claudia

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy