Ben Kingsley => The War That Never Ends (a bit dry, but very good) => Nat

Where have you got this movie???:woohoo: :woohoo:

:) :laugh: :)
Claudia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2009 04:24 #1109388544 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:The War That Never Ends
This excellent movie is available in some university libraries. When I was in Nashville last year, I had a few hours free, so I waltzed into the library at the university and asked if they had it. I was really thrilled when they did. It's a very thought-provoking piece: it's not entertainment so much as a lesson in psychology and philosophy, and it just goes to prove that people haven't changed in thousands of years.

More
29 Jul 2009 23:57 #1109388633 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:The War That Never Ends
In an archive, darling. And it's a video mainly done for schools or universities so there's not an awful lot of costume design or highly sophisticated FX. Actually to me it isn't so much about how people haven't changed much over thousands of years which wouldn't describe it properly; more than how intrigue, foul-play and the need of some people to act up leads to disaster while others are unable or unwilling to stop them.

And of how the few voices of reason won't get heard. Nat's character isn't exactly a very "good" one. His role is a very striking example of how to manipulate for your own good and put yourself into the spotlight and with which sort of means he achieves that.

Reminds me a great deal of "The Vision Thing", which would be a more modern and satirical take on how politics work and how spin-doctors manipulate the masses out there.

But back to this one: The sad thing is that he's the new warlord, not the next Ghandi 'tho he had the finest philosophical and rhetorical education and one of the best teachers anyone would love to have! Just because you've got the right pedigree and the best upbringing it doesn't make you a fine leader or an outstanding person when your character underneath is deeply rotten.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
06 Aug 2009 19:08 #1109388702 by tigger
Any luck, Claudia? It's really worth trying to find.

Tigger

More
07 Aug 2009 02:42 #1109388709 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:The War That Never Ends
N O O O :( :( :( .

Greetings
Claudia
:) :laugh: :)

More
07 Aug 2009 08:26 #1109388711 by tigger
That's a pity. Don't give up... I have a feeling one of the universities near you might have it.

Tigger

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy