The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!

More
28 Feb 2012 17:42 #1109394470 by LynnGwyneth
The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses! was created by LynnGwyneth
Hi ladies (and gents)

Here is a fun piece from The Huffington Post on the history of screen Kisses:

www.5min.com/Video/The-Kiss-That-Started-It-All-517279825

The first one was filmed by Thomas Edison in 1896! Sadly, even though I've watched it twice, I can't find Nat! Quelle bad taste on the part of the editor!

Soooo, ladies, what is your FAVORITE NAT screen kiss? :D And why? :D

I'll go first: Mine is from the last scene of "THE HAUNTED MANSION". Why? It is so sweet and passionate. :) :D :)

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 15:50 - 22 Apr 2012 15:51 #1109394604 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re: The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!
Best kiss. Hhhm. Let me think. I notice that Nat has a tendency to have the giggles, or smile when he starts to kiss an actress. Couldn't stop giggling when I saw him kiss his Lady Love in TILM in one scene, he was like that. ;) Not to be taking seriously, really. :S

Ehm, best kiss? I liked the one in "A Village Affair" a great deal. Yeah, probably the best. Arguably. Well...

Let me re-think, OK, too much thinking when it comes to kisses :side:

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 15:51 by webmistress.

More
22 Apr 2012 20:20 #1109394612 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re: The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!
;) Yes, I agree, Jessika! Too much thinking about Nat and kisses leads to an overheated Lynn! ;) :P ;)

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

More
24 Apr 2012 14:52 - 24 Apr 2012 14:53 #1109394617 by rose4asmile
Replied by rose4asmile on topic Re: The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!
Hi Lynn,

thanks for this really nice video. That's some topic!
I only watched it once - and guess what, I couldn't find Nat either.

As to my favorite screen kiss - I am still debating that one with myself - although it would be either the one Lynley shares with Helen in In the presence of the enemie or the one in A Suitable Vengeance.
But your choice isn't bad either. I too think this kiss is very sweet and passionate and I would even add romantic to it.
But besides these kisses there are nice ones in Nat's earlier work as well - Never come back just popps in mind. I think I have to watch that again to find out for sure. And there is of course the very off-scale Sargasso Sea.
As to the why of your question: I don't think I have an answer for that one - they just appeal to me somehow, although the played out situations before are so completely different.

But you are absolutely right - to much thinking about that particular topic makes my head swim too. So enough right now, maybe another time.

Take care,
Roswitha

Be pleasant no matter how much it hurts because there is an order to all things!
Last edit: 24 Apr 2012 14:53 by rose4asmile.

More
24 Apr 2012 15:47 #1109394621 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re: The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!

But you are absolutely right - to much thinking about that particular topic makes my head swim too. So enough right now, maybe another time.

Hi Roswitha,

just the right thing for a relaxed afternoon after work. Wide Sargasso Sea, yes. Lots of kissing in that one. B) Still. Hmmmm still I can't get it out of my head. I got another one. Well. It ain't that sort of kiss, but I found one thing toooooooo touching. That's the scene in Vanity Fair when Rawdon kisses his boy good-bye when that poor fellow is sent off to boarding school. Hmpf. Heart-wrenching. Ooops, I know what I'll be having in my DVD player his weekend! :woohoo:

And back to some more adult stuff, in a radio Play called Body Of Glass, well Nat's voice was so sexy there, you could melt actually. Very kissy that :side:

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
24 Apr 2012 16:31 #1109394626 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re: The Kiss that Launched a Thousand Kisses!
Hi Lynn, Roswitha and Jessika :),
thanks for the video, Lynn. I'd never thought there could be so many kisses in such a short time.
Regarding Nat I can't say which of his kisses I like best. Yes Jessika, there are a lot of hot kisses in Wide Sargasso Sea and the special kiss in Vanity Fair is really touching.
What about A Class Apart?
Again a good reason to watch the videos again.
Greetings
Claudia

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy