TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10

More
29 Jan 2010 14:44 #1109390237 by tosca
Replied by tosca on topic Re: TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
The Book Club is really good and in the second one the whole group were more relaxed with what they were doing and with each other - no awkward pauses. Not surprised at all to see Nat undertakes his role in this very well. Lucky I can watch this weekly.

Just been down to Waterstones to buy 'The Little Stranger' to read on the train to London in a couple of weeks' time. Has anyone else read this yet? And another surprise! There were free TV Book Club booklets that include a Q&A with Nat. Good choice of books Nat, or should I say Gabriel Oak that dashing one with the wonderful accent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2010 15:00 #1109390238 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Re: TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
Dear Tosca,

I've listened to The Little Stranger as an audiobook. I really enjoyed it, especially the way it got my mind going in different directions searching for explanations to what happened.

The narrator, Simon Vance, has done a very good job and can very well compete with our favourite narrator...

Anne

PS. I finished reading Blacklands this morning. Once I started reading it it was hard to leave it for other chores.

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

More
29 Jan 2010 15:01 #1109390239 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re: TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
tosca wrote:

There were free TV Book Club booklets that include a Q&A with Nat. Good choice of books Nat, or should I say Gabriel Oak that dashing one with the wonderful accent.

Hi tosca,

thanks for the heads up, the actual text is up in the i/v section for all to read....

Yep, I can second that the show improved a great deal. And really Nat is doing fine in his new position as a moderator. Fascinating to see the show develop from week to week. Can't wait for the next one on Sunday.

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
29 Jan 2010 21:04 #1109390243 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
Thanks, Jessika, for the new clips of the Bookclub!

Very nice to see them!
I believe Nat did it wonderfull.
Very nice to see him in another role!

greetings, Erika

More
05 Oct 2010 18:20 #1109392380 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re: TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
Nenne wrote:

PS. I finished reading Blacklands this morning. Once I started reading it it was hard to leave it for other chores.

How did you find the book?
I am just reading it - in German as I have to confess - and think it is a very good story. How sad to realize how the murder of a child can change the life of several generations.
Greetings
:kiss: Claudia

More
06 Oct 2010 06:46 #1109392381 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Re: TV Book Club Clip 2.2/10
Dear Claudia,

How I found the book???

1 Amazon,I guess.

2 Gripping. It captured me totally how the main character lived with a person he'd never met and how it affected his life. And his search for some closure to is questions.

In a way I recognized this as I'm the oldest but not the first-born child of our family. Somehow Anita was with me although we never met as I grew up. Would my life have been different with her around and how? These are questions I often posed and they still come up time to time.

Blacklands is very well written and I quite enjoyed setting up the landscape in my head. I think it'd make a good film and I sort of know who I'd cast as the villain...

I bet the book is just as good auf Deutsch.

Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy