TV Book Club 8.1 / 10

More
12 Mar 2010 13:08 - 12 Mar 2010 13:08 #1109390690 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:TV Book Club 8.1 / 10
Dear all

Glad to be of service, BTW this Sunday won't have a TV Book Club due to some sports programme ... So you need to show a bit patience for no. 9 to appear!

Regarding books turned into a movie, well a book has its own life just like a film has. Me I never try to read and then watch or watch and then read a book/movie within too short a period. I try to let some time pass, thus I hope to avoid disappointment. I try to enjoy each piece of work as its own work of art with its own means of trying to evoke our emotions.

Did that years ago with The Name Of The Rose. Frankly the book was fantastic, but I also enjoyed the film with Sean Connery so much. I couldn't say really which one I preferred - the book surely was more complicated to get into, but once I managed that I found myself totally captivated. The movie is also very well done, but to me it has its own merits and its over after 2 hours...

My 2 cents - hope you all enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2010 13:08 by webmistress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2010 15:14 #1109390696 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Re:TV Book Club 8.1 / 10
Dear Jessika,

this leaves me more time to review the previous clips then.

Have a nice weekend you too!

Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

More
12 Mar 2010 15:37 #1109390698 by Amparo
Replied by Amparo on topic Re:TV Book Club 8.1 / 10
Dear Jessika:cheer: .
Thank you very much for the warning of the Book Club. Now we have to wait a little longer.
Happy weekend:kiss: .
Amparo.

More
12 Mar 2010 18:33 #1109390700 by Pitzel
Replied by Pitzel on topic Re:TV Book Club 8.1 / 10
Jessika,
You wrote: "Did that years ago with The Name Of The Rose. Frankly the book was fantastic, but I also enjoyed the film with Sean Connery so much. I couldn't say really which one I preferred - the book surely was more complicated to get into, but once I managed that I found myself totally captivated. The movie is also very well done, but to me it has its own merits and its over after 2 hours..."

I did the same thing. I agree 100% that the book was difficult at first but worth the effort. I also saw the movie sometime later and enjoyed it as well. Thank you for rhe update on TV Book Club.

Pitzel

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy