IL 4 In Divine Proportion

More
18 Mar 2005 15:22 #1109377891 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:IL 4 In Divine Proportion
Saskia,

nope, your eMail address is safe here and cannot be read by anyone. I also checked that via webcrawlers and search engines, I can't find it anywhere. So unless you gave it to someone, I have no idea how that could be possible. Besides: I definitely don't pass on eMail addresses as long as both sides who want to have contact agreed on that.

Besides: we're all "off topic" here, right? Gotta go, check my DVD if it taped last night's episode. Well if I'm not back you know that I jumped out of my window. Hey, that's a fine new plotline for IL5!

Cheers!

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2005 17:24 #1109377892 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic Re:IL 4 In Divine Proportion
"What a yawn that would be"????

I beg to differ. Because of the humanness of these two brought about (with wonderful writers) in this series, it would not surprise me if Lynley and Havers did "get together". Nothing wrong with a fine romance. There have been countless movies and tv dramas with a husband/wife slueth duo and they worked perfectly. And I do not think this would quell or particularly bring about the demise of this series. I do agree though, that although Helen is not too much in the picture now, she may return to Lynley in the future. We'll just have to wait and see. I appreciate the many and varied comments from all here...it gives us food for thought. Especially all the suggestions and different views of everyone! We are the truly "who done it's"! Thanks gang! Caroline

More
19 Mar 2005 12:16 #1109377893 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic Re:IL 4 In Divine Proportion
Hi garfield and girlies,
Yes, back from heaven...
Loved it .....lovely lynely, great music by the way and Havers was also great!!
I'm telling you, there is something going on between those two, I can feel it!! We'll wait and see. And things can''t get better, someone (I think Debbie) is sending me two episodes I haven't seen yet (season three) and, I just read that the latest book of E. George is coming out in dutch on march 28th.
And on top of it all, next thursday Nat in jeans (I hope)!!! :woohoo:
Paddy

More
19 Mar 2005 12:23 #1109377894 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic Re:IL 4 In Divine Proportion
whoopsie, not Debbie but Joyce, sorry, I'm a bit excited too...get confused.. :blush:
Thanks Joyce!!
Paddy

More
20 Mar 2005 07:10 #1109377895 by webmistress
Lynley1962,Thanks so much for sending me your detailed summary of In Divine Proportion. For the other gals: She wrote her heart out! Please read it, but this time I mean it: There are SPOILERS!!!!!Give that Lady a warm "Thank You" gals. I am certain that our American friends will hug her for this! :kiss: Cheers :cheer:Post edited by: admin, at: 2005/03/20 09:11

~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
20 Mar 2005 12:35 #1109377896 by webmistress
Alright, so now we know that Suffolk isn’t the world’s most-crowed place and has little chances that it ever will become a cultural centre, too. This has been documented in this episode. No debate about that. ;)

Amongst us “ladies” (no offence being intended towards our male visitors and members): Women are from Venus, men from Mars. So let’s agree to differ – peaceful coexistence is possible! Besides: aren’t there female TV critics over there? Ok they'd insist that Lynley’s too patronizing and Havers is a poor example of women’s lib. Nope, I’d prefer the wooden fraction then (they are easier to comprehend), nope the poor women lib fraction (but they are they are illogical) - ahhh what the hell. We live in difficult times. Let ‘em write something really intellectual as a “Pick of the day” thing, as long as it’s IL as “Pick of the day”, right? :sick:

Lynley isn’t an action hero, he’s a sensitive man, yes, but he still doesn’t get women right all the time and within the last episode I saw clear tendencies to suppress his own feelings and problems. Anyone’s difficulties are far more important than his own. I get the feeling that he is a sort of Über-brother or father figure at times. Very protective, trying to act decent and fair at all times and under all circumstances and sometimes that may even be counted as patronizing. It’s dangerous to put your own feelings aside continuously...

As a matter of fact I think they are relying on each other. It’s a fragile relationship. Yes, he’s protective towards Havers and she has her difficulties accepting it. But in the last episode it felt right and Nat and Sharon did a wonderful job with THAT scene after the freeing of the hostages. Havers had to learn to accept and welcome his way of caring for her, she’s getting a bit softer these days, although stronger, too. Strange thing to observe, but anyone who experienced a crisis like she did understands full well what she’s like right now. And he himself is wounded, too. Learning to trust and relying on help from a “stranger” (to Havers anyone is a “stranger” of sorts) isn’t easy, but a crisis helps a lot to learn that lesson well. The other option would be to lock yourself up, so no one ever reaches old wounds ever again. Good for her that she didn’t prefer the latter, what about him? :blink:

I am “hoping” for Lynley to have his breakdown sometime soon. I don’t think that men (although from Mars – me from Venus, remember) are able to cope with a broken relationship and the loss of an expected baby the way he seems to do until now. OF COURSE that’s not what men love too see on telly – so better not show that happening. And true, IL isn’t a psycho drama, it is a crime series after all. I for my own part am enjoying both sides of IL right now. I’m hanging on the edge of my seat to see how the whole thing will develop in the next episode. Ohhh let him have his horses, too. Nice creatures with friendly eyes – not that I would dare riding on ‘em. Crawling their noses, handing ‘em an apple, alright. Do that a lot on the weekends, I do live in a “horse mad” region here. Know Hannovarian horses? I know the next episode will be fun to watch nonetheless. :silly:

As for our Richard Armitage friends, sorry all I can say is: saw him the first time last Thursday, didn’t leave a lasting impression with me. Alright sue me for this: Noth&South – not a clue. BUT as a matter of fact I have taped Cleopatra (for other reasons) and still have it in my collection here, watched it last night. I thought I saw him there for about 1,5 seconds, but wasn’t sure. Look up his fan page (yes, that man has one actually). Very impressive: he backs his site, actually he seems to have fun supporting it. Nice and likeable thing to observe. I get the impression that he’s truly working hard to maintain a career in the movies / TV. Good luck! :cheer:

Cheers!

~ Armand Gamache

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy