The Word of God

• honey
17 Apr 2005 14:06 #1109378033 by honey
Replied by honey on topic Re:The Word of God
Hello lynley yes i'm very forunate to be able to see the series too. I just love the Inspector Lynley mysteries. I do't think it would be a great series without such great actors in it. Nat does a wonderful job as Lynley and Sharon Small as Havers I can't image anyone else doing those parts. The two of them work so well together. As the series builds the relationship between the two of them build and that makes the series worth watching, not only for the mystery which I love but the relationship between the two lead people. I had to go back and watch where it all started with AGD and then see the interaction between Lynley and Havers and see where its at today. It gives me chills!!! Cant' wait for the next series. take care lynley and all

HONEY :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2005 14:53 #1109378035 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:The Word of God
I have to agree that the interaction between Havers and Lynley is getting better and better. Sharon and Nat did a great job again this year. I think that a serie stands nd falls with the lead actors. I have a friend who's totally crazy about Dalziel and Pascoe. I tried to see it but i didn't like it a bit. I thought the lead actor was a boaring old man. On the other had when i saw Midsomer Murder. A touch of Frost and Lyney it was love at first sight. I was very happy with the announcement fromthe BBC that we will haev another season next year. I am looking forward to that. In the meanwhile the Dutch tv still have to air serie 3 and the Belgium tv willair this season in October (as usual) so i have a lot to look forward to.

More
17 Apr 2005 18:29 #1109378036 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic Re:The Word of God
Lynley and girls, (and boys?)

Too bad we still have to wait in Holland, I wonder when they are going to air it here. Tonight on ZDF they're airing a cry for justice, and I haven't seen this one....I don't really want to see it in German, but I can't resist it, we probably have to wait another year before it's on in Holland. I'm sure you've seen this one (and all the others I reckon), is it a good one??? I wonder...
By the way, I read the last book, after you told that in the book there was something going on with Helen I had to know what, took me a week which is pretty fast for me, the one before (with Simon and Deborah on Guernsey) took me half a year, only read it on holidays, but this last one, very very very good!!!
See you
Paddy

More
18 Apr 2005 04:16 #1109378037 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:The Word of God
I don't know if you can receive the Belgium channels but they will air this Lynley season in October (as they usual do). The Dutch tv has to air the 3rd season still. I think they will start with that in September. They did air the 2nd seaosn last year september with a re-run from the first serie in january. this might happen now to. You just have to visit the KRO detective site ofr that. I do that al the time and i am even active on a forum there. I have seen yesterday's episode yes, but still i taped it as i was out yesterday evening so i will watch it again tonight or tomoorow. I don't like Lynley (or anything English) in German but with Nat in it i can't resist.

More
18 Apr 2005 16:02 #1109378040 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic Re:The Word of God
I've seen it, I understand English better but it was alright. Good episode by the way! Natl looked great in this one!!!
Paddy

More
02 May 2005 23:44 #1109378070 by Miss Bristol
Replied by Miss Bristol on topic Re:The Word of God
A friend of mine recorded this wonderful episode (and the two before, I've missed the first episode) for we can't receive BBC, and since I've got that video, I watched it for about ten times or something.
This final episode was really tremendous and very touching, especially the scenes in which Lynley talked about his personal problems, with Christine (about the uncertainty, the look in his eyes is one I'll never forget) as well as with Havers. The sadness and desperate look in Lynley's eyes evolve through this episode and lead to a very emotional climax in the final scene, one of which nobody could ever remain unmoved with.
Although I didn't like the beginning with the dead pigs in the truck very much, the appearance of a bad-tempered Lynley was smashing - only I still haven't figured out what he says about the other car/driver. The interaction between Lafferty and Lynley gives this mainly sad episode a humoristic touch, as does the scenes with Lafferty and Havers, therefore I hope they've got the same pathologist next season.
If Canvas (Belgium TV) will broadcast this Inspector Lynley series, it better be on prime time and not like Morse about half past ten Dutch time. I wonder whether Dutch public television will broadcast the Inspector Lynley Mysteries, with state sectatary of media mrs. Van der Laan, you can't be sure of anything on public television these days (or in future).
I hardly can't wait for the next series, but untill then I shall have to appease my hunger for more Inspector Lynley by watching this series episodes.

When nothing is certain, everything is possible...

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy