The Word of God

More
26 Aug 2005 04:10 #1109378417 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:The Word of God
The book is called With no one as witness. I am reading it right now. Yes, something happens to Helen but I won't tell you what. The boks are pretty good I must say. The early ones are better. The books that came out after Missing Joseph aren't that good as the older ones (in my opinion). I do have the image of the tv Lynley when I read the books. The last book is not used for the tv series. Teh last book they used for the seires is Traitor to memory. The series is so populair that the BBC decided to make up their own story lines. Ofcourse Elizabeth George has a saying in this so for the ones that want Havers and Lynley get together I hve to dissapoint you. When she was asked about it Elizabeth said "Over my dead body".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2005 10:10 #1109378419 by jojo
Replied by jojo on topic Re:The Word of God
Lynley,

I can understand how Lynley and Havers getting together might ruin the present chemistry, but they could do some pretty funny stuff about the two of them trying to adjust to the other's lifestyle, etc. Of course, they do that now to some extent. There might, also, be the fact that they couldn't work together at the Met if they were a couple. Can you see them as private detectives? I see Havers making a lot of clients pretty mad with her smart-mouth attitude (which I find endearing). And, let's face it, Lynley can get pretty arrogant, too. I actually think they do love each other in a platonic way right now, but Elizabeth George might be right about the relationship not progressing to the bedroom. Fantasy doesn't always translate well to reality, after all, and adding sex doesn't always make a relationship better. But that is the older woman in me talking....the young girl saw things a lot differently! ;)

Joy

More
26 Aug 2005 17:38 #1109378421 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic Re:The Word of God
He Jo,
the great things about the books is that you get an insight in their feelings, in the series you sometimes have to guess. But, I started as a lynley and havers fan, now I'm also a parker and small fan!
Paddy

More
26 Aug 2005 20:17 #1109378423 by jojo
I can see that I'm going to end up reading the books to get the "flavor" of the thing. Good thing there's a second-hand book store nearby whose owner is a mystery nut like me! I'll bet she'll have every book in the series. :;)

More
26 Aug 2005 21:15 #1109378424 by gamerchick02
Replied by gamerchick02 on topic Re:The Word of God
That's a good idea! I need to find a second hand bookstore near me. They may have those audiobooks too.

If you want books, I highly recommend bookcrossing. (www.bookcrossing.com) You "read and release" books. It's kind of a fun thing to find out where your books have travelled. Also, you can request books or sign up for bookrings (books are passed around via mail and then returned to the owner). It's a good way to meet people who like to read.

If you want more information, go to the site mentioned above or email me (rpgirl1981 at gmail dot com).

Amy

More
27 Aug 2005 02:20 #1109378425 by jojo
Amy,

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to look into it. The only problem with working at home is that it's isolating. That's one reason why my internet friends are such a big part of my life, and I might fit right into bookcrossing, too. I'll let you know when I get on track with it. Unfortunately, I'm right in the middle of a move right now which has taken control of my life, but when I get back in the driver's seat I'm going to pursue my hobbies again (and reading is one of them). :)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy