The Word of God

More
02 Oct 2006 02:41 #1109379822 by magicom
Replied by magicom on topic Re:The Word of God
Okay, saw this episode today! Wow! I know I only saw 1 1/2 episodes before this one, but I did notice when he said "I'm sorry, Barbara" at the end - he never calls her that! Poor Lynley. I hope he doesn't lose his job. He needs his job. I don't think he can go back to Earling. Or whatever the verb is for being an Earl :P

I *loved* it when he asked the book dealer how he should act as "a buyer" and he tells him to be arrogant and treat everyone like a servant. Both the look on Havers' face and the way he offhandedly said "I can do that" were WAY funny. Then he did it, and that was great too! :)

I know there's another season. I hope they don't spend the entire next series on the suspension storyline like a soap opera. Do they resolve it and get on with detectiving? All you people who've seen the new season? Help?

But I loved this episode. I just LOVE character-driven storylines. I was getting increasingly worried throughout it about Lynley's temper. I take it he's not usually so quick to lose it?

S.A.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2006 11:36 #1109379823 by Trimblebeam
Replied by Trimblebeam on topic Re:The Word of God
Well.

I just saw this episode - at last! - and all my great expectations were fulfilled. I'm just getting into the series and so I'm watching the first ones at the same time as the last ones and, goodness gracious, can you see a progression in character development (and cinematographical style). It's wonderful to see actors portray the character's growth so ably.

But I did miss the lack of a grisly murder. No decapitations, no impalings, no unusual and yet still gruesome modes of demise.

I jest!

Mostly.

One day you see a strange little girl look at you.

More
10 Oct 2006 18:53 #1109379879 by angel61
Replied by angel61 on topic Re:The Word of God
I loved this episode! I wasn't to keen on the ending, when IL was arrested.
I don't know about the whole Helen thing. He should dump her and get on with it. I think he only married her because of Deborah. Should he and Havers end up together? That is a bit tricky. It would be fun to see them together. However, I think it would lose the working chemistry between these two. I think he should have a totally different love interest. An american, a bit bitter and jaded, and doesn't put up with any bull from him, and seeing through his tough guy act, and knowing his true self.
Oh well that is just my opinion.
Also the paliment guy and his wife who know Helen, that seemed a bit ominous, didn't it, as though they were threatening Helen, or maybe she is doing something undercover.
Kristi

More
11 Oct 2006 15:42 #1109379893 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:The Word of God
magicom wrote:

I know there's another season. I hope they don't spend the entire next series on the suspension storyline like a soap opera. Do they resolve it and get on with detectiving? All you people who've seen the new season? Help?
S.A.

Help is on the way, although I'm not too sure if I do spoil things for you. But since you asked I guess it's OK to tell you a little about it. Nope our Earl will return to his normal work, instead of simply earling around (gosh is there such a word and if so is it a bad word????). :P

No there is lovely new mystery going on and if you really wanna know: I think that the scripts improved a great deal. Hope you won't have to wait til late summer like this year to watch the new stuff.

Cheers

webmistress :cheer:

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
11 Oct 2006 15:45 #1109379894 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:The Word of God
Trimblebeam wrote:

But I did miss the lack of a grisly murder. No decapitations, no impalings, no unusual and yet still gruesome modes of demise.

I jest!

Mostly.

Ohhh, you'll love one of the stories within the latest series: it deals with supernatural things, so let's ask: would a ghost suffice?

Cheers

webmistress ;)

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

More
11 Oct 2006 22:23 #1109379900 by Trimblebeam
Replied by Trimblebeam on topic Re:The Word of God
webmistress wrote:

Trimblebeam wrote:

I jest!

Mostly.

Ohhh, you'll love one of the stories within the latest series: it deals with supernatural things, so let's ask: would a ghost suffice?

Cheers

webmistress ;)

A ghost you say?! A ghost would more than suffice!

Capital!

One day you see a strange little girl look at you.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy