How was the series originally aired?

More
24 Jan 2008 11:22 #1109383512 by Myfanwy
How was the series originally aired? was created by Myfanwy
Hi

How was IL originally aired? Was it in half hour segments shown weekly? Or were whole episodes aired all at once? I was wondering because 4 episodes a year seems like a short season for a TV show.

Thanks.
Myfanwy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2008 14:21 - 24 Jan 2008 14:23 #1109383514 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:How was the series originally aired?
Hello Myfanwy

TILM was originally broadcast by BBC One in one complete episode, each running for 90 minutes give or take. There are no commercial intermissions on BBC One.

Four epis make one series, except for the pilot "A Great Deliverance" (which was a two parter, first broadcast March 12&13 2001) and the final series six which only consists of two episodes.

TILM was never conceived like your regular TV show that usually has 20-22 episodes. I think that had something to do with the basic idea to use Elizabeth George's original books for the show's scripts.

Seeing it that way, the series by normal TV standards would have consisted of one season - and finito!

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2008 14:23 by webmistress.

More
24 Jan 2008 18:02 #1109383518 by Myfanwy
Replied by Myfanwy on topic Re:How was the series originally aired?
Thanks so much for your information. When the show has run here in Canada on TVO or PBS it's been run the same way I believe - with no commercial breaks. I however, have been catching it on DVD - I've got some from the library and I've filled in the gaps by purchasing some.

I guess series 6 will eventually be available for purchase here in Canada. Looking forward to it!

Myfanwy

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy