boxed set of IL

More
13 May 2008 23:56 - 13 May 2008 23:57 #1109384220 by isolde
boxed set of IL was created by isolde
I've been watching IL series totally out of sequence because they are from our local library; IL series are so popular here you have to reserve them and take whichever becomes available when it's your turn. Needless to say, I'm totally confused as to Lynley's marrital status, who he's married to (TWO different Helens!), Haver's hairstyle, Lynley's hairstyle (medium-short is the sexiest,IMO :blush:),etc,etc.
So I've finally decided to get the complete set(series 1-5) from Amazon so I can watch them in order. But before I order it, here is a question from this novice to you experienced IL watchers: Does this "complete set" have Diana Rigg's introduction before each episode in series 1? I noticed, when I watched the different series separately, that only the first series came with the introductions. I hope they kept them in the complete set. If not, I would have to buy each series separately, which means more$..I just love her little chat every time it opens:) Does anyone happen to know??
Isolde
Last edit: 13 May 2008 23:57 by isolde.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2008 22:19 #1109384239 by greenwich village
Replied by greenwich village on topic Re:boxed set of IL
I believe diana rigg only did the intro for the first season...maybe the 2'nd but def. not the 3'rd...i bought the boxed set and have enjoyed watching at my leisure...waiting for the last 2 episodes to be released...enjoy...:)

More
16 May 2008 15:37 #1109384243 by marflair
Replied by marflair on topic Re:boxed set of IL
Diana Rigg no longer does the intros for any of the PBS mysteries. I do miss her. I thought that without the intros, PBS would stop "cutting" the 90 min. episodes and air the full 90 minutes - however, it seems they still edit the episodes and fill the time with "commercials" for their upcoming shows. As far as I am concerned, I'd rather watch Diana than commercials! She has so much style.
Mary

More
23 May 2008 18:56 #1109384322 by isolde
Replied by isolde on topic Re:boxed set of IL
Thank you, Mary and Greenwichvillage, for the info. I'm going to order the set and hope Diana Rigg's bits are included at least in series one. When it's a boxed set, some photos are not included, either, which is disappointing. I'm just thankful that our webmistress has put lots of photos on this site:)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy