Elizabeth George's site

More
25 May 2008 18:30 #1109384336 by webmistress
Elizabeth George's site was created by webmistress
Dear all

just found some interesting bits on EG's site regarding how she sees Sharon's and Nat's work portraying Havers and Lynley... please follow this link .

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2008 13:09 #1109384353 by Jumaolster
Replied by Jumaolster on topic Re:Elizabeth George's site
OHHHHHHHHHHHH MY!!!!!!! I bet the new female fast -tracked boss is Emily Barlow, the copper who nearly let Hadi drown!!!
:blink:
And then Barbara shot her with the ray gun! OH MY !!!!!! I haven't even read careless in red yet, and I soooooooooo can't wait for the next book. I see careless in red as a sort of transition book, to further Lynley's development as a character. So I guess the one after that will be more of a Barbara book. Poor Nkata. Emily Barlow was potrayed as being pretty racist in a quiet clever way, I bet he'll have problems.......

More
26 May 2008 17:06 - 26 May 2008 17:08 #1109384354 by ellasmatte
Replied by ellasmatte on topic Re:Elizabeth George's site
I didn't like Emily much, but i don't think she was racist. I think she was just understandably traumatized from being raped by that ghastly Muneer...
Last edit: 26 May 2008 17:08 by ellasmatte.

More
26 May 2008 17:34 #1109384355 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Elizabeth George's site
Hi Jumaolster and ellasmatte,:)
I haven't seen this EP in the last time, but if I remember, Emily Barlow was a real racist and not only traumatized. A person in her position should be able to differentiate between personally experiences and her work.
I have start to read "Careless in Red" and I could tell you something about Barbara's new boss, but I don't will tell you who her new boss is. You shall see/ read...
:):laugh: :)

More
26 May 2008 18:41 #1109384359 by Jumaolster
Replied by Jumaolster on topic Re:Elizabeth George's site
NONONO!!! tell me!!!!! mail me yah! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

thankiessssssssssssssssssss. (Spoileraholic.......) :laugh: :laugh:

I also distinctly remember Barlow being discribed as racist........

More
26 May 2008 18:43 #1109384360 by Auriga
Replied by Auriga on topic Re:Elizabeth George's site
inspector wrote:

Hi Jumaolster and ellasmatte,:)
I haven't seen this EP in the last time, but if I remember, Emily Barlow was a real racist and not only traumatized.

Which one was she? The woman from My Hero? I can't imagine it being her.. She was pretty much left waving her knickers in the breeze.

I can see it being the heavily pregnant woman though.. I can't remember her name.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy