I will never forget Inspector Lynley

More
04 Jun 2008 16:39 - 04 Jun 2008 16:42 #1109384428 by Lisa
:kiss: :woohoo: :kiss:
I just read a lot of comments about IL6, well I think it was a wonderful Time to watch this excellent "Krimi"
I miss it.. but on the other hand it is good that it´s finsh, because now it was possible to watch our Nathaniel playing live on stage, don´t you??;) :woohoo:
Greeting´s
Lisa
And thank´s to the past crew they did a realy fine and great job!!!!!!!!!!

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de
Last edit: 04 Jun 2008 16:42 by Lisa.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2008 16:52 #1109384429 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi Lisa:),

you are quite right!

My emotions
:( :unsure: :dry: :lol: :)

:) :laugh: :)

More
04 Jun 2008 18:37 - 05 Jun 2008 18:14 #1109384430 by Amparo
Replied by Amparo on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi Lisa & Claudia!
Here is the fan that was missing to complete the threesome of Windsor:lol: :lol: :lol: .
I too will be greatly missed episodes of Inspector Lynley. These days I'm looking back on the DVD, and every time I think the same thing: what a pity that the BBC does not allow more Inspector Lynley, really do not understand.:(
I agree with your comments and feelings.:dry: :S :(
Many greetings.:kiss:
Amparo.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2008 18:14 by Amparo.

More
04 Jun 2008 19:02 - 05 Jun 2008 00:27 #1109384431 by Myfanwy
Replied by Myfanwy on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Just read Nathaniel Parker's latest message where he speculates that perhaps one of the reasons IL was pulled was because it was not enough like an American cop drama. I live in Canada where we are inundated with American TV and the reason I really liked IL was because it was not at all like an American cop drama. In fact I'm quite taken with British shows like Inspector Lynley, The Last Detective, Prime Suspect,etc. because they are so unlike American TV. In my opinion this is a good thing. It's unfortunate they pulled IL - it was a gem.

Just re-read my post and realized I'd better clarify that I'm not criticizing all American TV shows - it's just that I have just been finding British TV and movies very different and refreshing so I'm leaning heavily in that direction these days when I rent or buy.

Cheers to all.
Myfanwy
Last edit: 05 Jun 2008 00:27 by Myfanwy. Reason: clarify comments

More
05 Jun 2008 14:46 - 05 Jun 2008 14:55 #1109384438 by Songbird
Replied by Songbird on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley

Oh come on Nathaniel!!!

Lynley not enough like “…American cop drama…” reason for Lynley’s demise????

I’m saddened by the whole cancellation. IL was the “thinking man’s” cop drama; good acting, compelling characters, good storyline… It was the BBC’s decisionto axe IL…even if it was a bad one!!

But American shows are not the reason for IL going off the air!!

I disagree!
Songbird

Last edit: 05 Jun 2008 14:55 by Songbird.

More
05 Jun 2008 19:07 #1109384440 by Skylark
Replied by Skylark on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
I do hope that the BBC doesn't use the excuse that Lynley was
cancelled because we prefer American T.V. as that is not true in my case or many others. I'm from the U.S. and I loved Inspector Lynley. I signed a petition online to ask the BBC to keep it on and I also wrote the BBC an E-Mail about the series. They were polite enough to answer but none of their reasons made sense about why they were cancelling in my estimation. I think they made a bad decision and don't want to admit it as they have surely received alot of criticism from the many loyal viewers. I hope Nat and Sharon know that we are behind them all the way and I wish I had the power and influence to keep Inspector Lynley alive and well !
Sincerely, Skylark ( Valerie McManis )

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy