I will never forget Inspector Lynley

More
24 Jun 2008 01:23 #1109384628 by isolde
Replied by isolde on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
If I could put my two cents in re American vs. British TV:
I think American programs are very entertaining, but they tend to go for quantity as opposed to quality. The seasons are longer, and maybe because of that, after a season or two, they often experience decline in quality.
Take "House", for example. Those who are familiar with American programs have probably noticed that after the wonderful first two or three seasons the series just went downhill, and that's so typical. Nothing like that ever happened to IL series. I'm just amazed that it was able to constantly put out such high-quality work.
I understand that Nat's concern about being pigeon-holed must be great, but I still can't help feeling a sense of loss. I will miss Lynley and Havers!:(
Isolde

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2008 02:42 #1109384629 by Pitzel
Replied by Pitzel on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi Isolde, I being an American who watches a lot of TV agree with you on some points. It is the American way to be bigger, louder, flashier etc. without much care about substance. Most of the commercial television stations care only about ratings, so they throw it all out there instead of letting a series slowly evolve. Cable programs usually have higher quality.

More
24 Jun 2008 19:34 #1109384642 by greenwich village
Replied by greenwich village on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
if it's not on masterpiece theatre (or just masterpiece, as it's now called)...i tend not to watch it...since seinfeld & sex and the city went off....there is very little left on tv...oh yeah, law & order is ok....i hate reality shows....they're just cheap to make (so networks love 'em) and they keep actors and screenwriters out of work...................that's my take on american tv......and we won't even get onto politics !!!:P

More
25 Jun 2008 19:10 #1109384660 by Fantines
Replied by Fantines on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi

I agree with you all I cancelled my Sky package a few months ago because there were repeats after repeats on. I'm fed up with programmes such as big brother and now we have to suffer Peter Andre and Jordan exposing their private lives on tv I can feel my brain dying just thinking about it.

I do wish the BBC would do a Christmas special of ILM just to end things properly.

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

More
25 Jun 2008 19:43 #1109384662 by Pitzel
Replied by Pitzel on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
What an extraordinary idea! If we start a petition maybe we will see it by 2010!

More
06 Jul 2008 19:44 #1109384771 by Fantines
Replied by Fantines on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Why can't they do a one off christmas special just complete things, there too many loose ends.

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy