I will never forget Inspector Lynley

More
07 Jul 2008 15:31 #1109384784 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
:cheer: Hi Fantines,
that´s sound´s wonderfull. I´d like it, if they would!!
Greetings Lisa

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2008 21:09 #1109384800 by TAG
Replied by TAG on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Certainly a clever idea - maybe a few discreet e-mails to Auntie, asking for a Christmas closure?

Sadly, the BBC is currently fighting against external threats who want to see a leaner, smaller organisation, so it's likely that 'quick' dramas (2 episode specials) will become the norm when re-commissioning starts soon.

More
09 Jul 2008 22:40 #1109384839 by helen10s
Replied by helen10s on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
...have read comments regarding American cop shows vs British cop shows. The Inspector Lynley Mysteries program was, and still is, far superior to the American cop shows in the writing, acting, versatility of storyline, etc. Would an ILM yearly "reunion" tv movie, if only to maintain and keep in step with Elizabeth George's novels, be a farfetched idea? Glad to hear of NPs new project - hope it also makes it to the U.S. as Flawless was, well, flawless. Cheers!

More
13 Jul 2008 00:08 #1109384872 by subject
Replied by subject on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
I certainly agree, Helen, that Inspector Lynley Mysteries was far superior to American cop shows. Of course it certainly helped that Nat was in it, and Sharon. The series was much more interesting though, because the storylines were so different, but there was a certain continuity of the show. I just became hooked and bought the entire series on dvd. August 10 to September 14 the 5 and 6 series will air again on public tv, Masterpiece Theatre in the US. Check your schedule and see when it is on in your location.

Pat (USA)

More
13 Jul 2008 00:35 #1109384875 by Stardust12706
Replied by Stardust12706 on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi everyone!

There was no comparing with ILM and American Cop shows. "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" was more interesting, while other shows here in the U.S. get boring after a while.

I remember someone here saying that after 2 seasons of an American cop show, it was taken off of the air. ILM stayed you 6 incredible seasons! :woohoo:

Subject, I, as well, became addicted to ILM, and I, also, got all of the DVDs! :side: I can't wait to see season 6 in August! :cheer:

Loves,
Martina

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy