I will never forget Inspector Lynley

More
05 Jun 2008 20:31 - 05 Jun 2008 20:32 #1109384444 by Jolleke
Replied by Jolleke on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
I just bought the third episode and i am quite happy about it.......B)

I do realise that for the actors new things have come into their paths.....but...i also missed them...

Its just that we can´t see everything in the Netherlands.
(although we have had Mistresses.....:woohoo: )

In my opinion American series can´t compete with the English ones....they still have a long way to go....

But so many people so many tastes....(is this good English....:unsure: )

Ahhh, we shall see what will come into Dutch air.......in the mean time...i will have my dvd´s........

Greetings, Jolleke.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2008 20:32 by Jolleke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2008 05:07 - 06 Jun 2008 05:08 #1109384447 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Just to put in my tuppeny-bit... I agree that the ILM are the thinking-person's detective series (not that there wasn't the occasional blunder, but nobody's perfect). I think they are just great. I own the sets of DVDs and always enjoy watching them.

However, I think it's very good that Nat now has a chance to remind people -- especially the casting people and directors! -- of his tremendous versatility. He's commented many times that people tend to box him into upper-class roles a) because of his accent and b) because of his association with the character of Lynley. Yet he's done so much more than this -- including his amazing readings on tape and CD. Even some of the reviewers of Quartermaine's Terms couldn't seem to grasp that his portrayal of St John is not 'just another toff' part! If I find this frustrating, I can only begin to imagine how frustrating (and insulting) it is for Nat himself.

I can think of several stories and characters that he should be playing... I hope his agents in the UK and USA do him justice. He deserves to be associated with and remembered as more than Tommy Lynley.

Tigger
Last edit: 06 Jun 2008 05:08 by tigger.

More
06 Jun 2008 12:45 #1109384449 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Hi Jolleke,

I agree with you, Jolleke!
I also love the English ones!

And if it is good English or not, it sounds good to me.
That doesn't say anything, of course, because I am Duth too!

Let's say it in Dutch: Ieder z'n meug!

Greetings, Erika

More
06 Jun 2008 17:53 #1109384452 by Jolleke
Replied by Jolleke on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
Ha Erika,

Yeah, Ieder zijn meug!!!!

We are fans....that´s clear.....B)

More
06 Jun 2008 21:58 #1109384456 by Stardust12706
Replied by Stardust12706 on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
I will NEVER forget Lynley or Havers from this wonderful series. I will always remember it forever! I just don't want to see it go! :(

Loves,
Martina

More
07 Jun 2008 20:22 #1109384464 by subject
Replied by subject on topic Re:I will never forget Inspector Lynley
I now have all 6 series of Lynley on dvd. I too was totally upset when the show ceased. I enjoy watching the dvds over often.

I agree though that Nat is great and dives into every role with everything he has. I just think he should be the lead in everything he does. From Othello & Hamlet to Far From the Madding Crowd to Trust & Pretending to be Judith, etc. he was wonderful in each and made you know he WAS the character he was portraying.

I am just very anxious to see many of his other works. Lynley was my introduction to Nat, though, and I will always cherish my dvds of all the series.

Pat

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy