Thinking along?

More
14 Jan 2009 12:49 #1109386611 by Saoirse
Replied by Saoirse on topic Re:Thinking along?
haha cool! Well making notes never happened for me...I was too busy watching to make notes. But yeah I do it with other series too, British series (like Taggart, Waking the dead and others) but also with American series (like Crime Scene Investigation...all 3 lol)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2009 13:17 #1109386613 by Pitzel
Replied by Pitzel on topic Re:Thinking along?
Dear Saoirse

You sound like a fellow mystery show junkie. I also take pride in trying to guess who dunnit. I really enjoy best the shows that do not show you who the culprit is, but allow you to figure it out along with the characters. Sometimes Lynley did show you the criminal committing the act, but not identify who or why and you were able to see how Lynley and Havers came across this information and you could discover the identity and motive of the criminal alongside them. It was such a well written and acted show and I miss it dearly. I enjoy all British detective stories, but don't think American detective stories are as well written. The forensics is really the star on the Crime Scene Investigation (all 3) shows. It has taken over seven years to develop a connection with the characters in those shows. To really care about them and their lives, but I felt connected to Havers and Lynley after the first episode. Different styles to be sure. Welcome to the site.
Pitzel

More
14 Jan 2009 13:39 #1109386614 by Saoirse
Hi Pitzel,

You are absolutely right about everyting you said! The moment you watch the show you are drawn into it. Ofcourse Nat and Sharon are the main reason! They are such a great team, as characters but also just the team up was done perfectly. True that CSI does not have that. I only watch it because again you can sort of figure out who did what. The characters indeed are nothing like in Lynley...that's why I love the show.

I think that the British are the best in those kind of shows, the decetive ones! I can't say I watch them all but quite a lot of them. I will truly miss Lynley as well....that's why I am glad they sell the pilot and the first 3 seasons on dvd here....atleast now I can always watch it again :D

:kiss:

More
14 Jan 2009 14:30 #1109386616 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:Thinking along?
Hi Nathalie,

I bought the other series of Lynley in the USA (e-bay).
I can play them on my computer, not on my DVD recorder, because they are regio 1. And of course no subtitles, but that is not a big problem for me and for you it wouldn't be too, I guess.

I have ordered many movies with Nat from e-bay.
Like Never come Back and a village affair. Nat looks so gorgeous in that movies!
A am still searching for a few now, as Absolute Hell.
But I keep on searching....

greetings, Erika

More
15 Jan 2009 13:18 #1109386622 by lonesome aesthetic
Replied by lonesome aesthetic on topic Re:Thinking along?
Saoirse wrote:

haha cool! Well making notes never happened for me...I was too busy watching to make notes. But yeah I do it with other series too, British series (like Taggart, Waking the dead and others) but also with American series (like Crime Scene Investigation...all 3 lol)

:P i tend to take things a little too seriously at times!!

More
15 Jan 2009 13:19 #1109386623 by Saoirse
whahaha lol. Well I think doing what you do can be good! It makes you even more observing than other people....not a bad thing ;)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy