Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?

More
11 Feb 2009 16:07 #1109386934 by Carola
Replied by Carola on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
Hi skylark,
I hoped this too, a relationship with Havers.
In the last book is the relatinoship better,
it could a good food for thought...

greetinge
Carola

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2009 19:27 #1109386942 by Amparo
Replied by Amparo on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
Hi Girls:) , I also prefer the third Helen:) , she is much nicer and more loving. The second Helen, I never:S liked anything.
Many greetings.:)
Amparo.

More
12 Feb 2009 13:13 #1109386955 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
Hi everyone,

So I thought, Amparo! I liked the 3rd Helen the best too!
She is so much nicer than the second!

And I agree with most of you! A relationship between Lynley and Havers would be very nice! But who knows what will be going on in a probably next book from E.G.?

greetings, Erika

More
12 Feb 2009 17:42 - 12 Feb 2009 17:43 #1109386962 by Tori
Replied by Tori on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
I have to agree too!!
I think the 3rd one was the best, the second Helen always struck me as being very posh and stuck up towards Havers and cold hearted towards Lynley. I barely ever saw her show any affection towards him.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2009 17:43 by Tori.

More
25 Jul 2010 19:17 - 25 Jul 2010 19:19 #1109391826 by Mai
Replied by Mai on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
I must admit that I never really noticed the first switch, probably because Helen no. 1 was only there for the pilot episode. But the second switch was rather extreme, because they didn't look very much like eachother, but most of all because of the complete change of mood and character of "Helen".

No. 2 was so cold, egocentric and moody, and no. 3 the complete opposite - warm, caring and (as others have also mentioned) as if she was really in love with him. With the second Helen, I was always wondering what the heck Lynley saw in her, she was so cold to him and pushed him away all the time. But I did enjoy those puppy eyes when he saw her :blush:

However, the third one did make me cringe once, too. In the episode where he's waiting in the car outside her house and they spend the night together - I think it was one of her first episodes? - she was way too much like the second one, saying something like "I don't want to be abandonned like this again" - ehrm, excuse me, who abandonned whom? It was a bit too much like her predecessor, who also always made it look like she was the poor victim, and he was sooo mean and did everything wrong.

But it was nice to see them being a real couple, rather than the "totally infatuated man with a wife who couldn't care less" with the second one. Too bad that it didn't last long .. :(
Last edit: 25 Jul 2010 19:19 by Mai.

More
26 Jul 2010 00:24 #1109391837 by subject
Replied by subject on topic Re:Inspector Lynley and Helen(s)?
Somewhere I saw the second Helen called the "whiner", which suited her very well. She was LUCKY to have Tommy! HELLO! Sure didn't see what she had to whine about! She should have been grateful ANYONE would have such a neurotic as her.

Hugs.

Pat

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy