Film adaptation of Lynley books?

More
20 Mar 2011 00:18 #1109393048 by C_Bronte618
Film adaptation of Lynley books? was created by C_Bronte618
I am relatively new to posting messages on this forum so I am quite sure someone, somwhere and at a much sooner time than this has already asked this question...but I was not able to find it in my perusal.

My question is this: Are there any plans to ever have a full-length feature film of the Inspector Lynley mysteries and characters? (I vote for all the original actors playing the roles to appear - Nat Parker and company). :) The TV series is superb and I am an ardent fan but as I mentioned in a previous thread in the "Lynley" section of this forum I think some significant aspects of the novels had to be sacrificed or were just ignored for the sake of television. The most noticeable ommission was the triangular relationships of Tommy/Helen/Deborah. Another would be the character of St. James who I adored as equally as much as Tommy.
I think a feature film (hopefully a series of films) would allow more creative space for some of these aspects of Elizabeth George's books to appear on film. :)

For what it is worth, I am just wondering. Best regards, Ann M.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2011 20:03 #1109393136 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re:Film adaptation of Lynley books?
Dear Ann,
I like the TV series, but I also like the books of Elsabeth George. I think it would be a good idea to make one or more films with the characters of Deborah and St, James too. How great would it be to see Nat again in this films but I fear that this won't happend. What a pitty.
:kiss: Claudia

More
25 Mar 2011 20:09 #1109393138 by inspector
Dear Ann :) ,
I like the TV series, but I also like the books of Elsabeth George. I think it would be a good idea to make one or more films with the characters of Deborah and St, James too. How great would it be to see Nat again in this films but I fear that this won't happend. What a pitty :( .

More
25 Mar 2011 20:27 #1109393139 by inspector
Dear Ann,
I like the TV series, but I also like the books of Elsabeth George. I think it would be a good idea to make one or more films with the characters of Deborah and St, James too. How great would it be to see Nat again in this films but I fear that this won't happend. What a pitty.

This is my third try to answer, but sonething does not work :( .

More
31 Mar 2011 16:33 #1109393184 by butterfly
Replied by butterfly on topic Re:Film adaptation of Lynley books?
Dear Ann M.!

What a good idea.
To make a full-length feature film of
Inspector Lynley Mysteries.
Of course I vote for original actors, too.

Let's hope!
Regards.
Jana xxx

More
31 Mar 2011 16:34 #1109393185 by butterfly
Replied by butterfly on topic Re:Film adaptation of Lynley books?
Dear Ann M.!

What a good idea.
To make a full-length feature film of
Inspector Lynley Mysteries.
Of course I vote for original actors, too.

Let's hope!
Regards.
Jana xxx

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy