Inspector Lynley Mysteries on YouTube

More
18 Feb 2012 19:19 #1109394418 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re: Inspector Lynley Mysteries on YouTube

I think that if the huge companies wouldn't be that greedy, people would pay. And if they allowed people to make private copies for themselves that wouldn't hurt much then, right? I think that the copyright protection madness doesn't help it. It never will. There are too many nerds out there who take it as a challenge to tell the companies who's boss...

Jessika, that is *so* true!!!! It's the greed of companies that want to delete content from the web and then NOT make it available except at extremely high prices that is ruining the entertainment business.

A friend of mine who is a computer expert told me that there was an entertainer who made a movie financed by just two credit cards. Then the actor put it up on the web. Next, he put a link to PayPal and said after the movie that if people liked it they could pay for it. He has uh...what is the right term...not grossed...netted? Yes, I think it is "netted" over a million dollars! For this one small film! From donations! I think that is the future of the business, for artists to take things into their own hands and let the audience be the judge.

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy