Season Four

More
16 Nov 2004 23:30 #983 by marflair
Replied by marflair on topic Re:Season Four
Caroline,
PBS called the pilot, "A great vengeance" season 1. The following year they aired their season 2 - Well Schooled in Murder, Payment in Bloood, For the Sake of Elena, and Missing Joseph. Their season 3 is what we all saw this fall, Playing for the Ashes, In the presence of the enemy,etce. etce. Nest fall we will see the seasn that aired on the BBC last March. Hope this clears it up for you.
Mary,
The topic has been locked.
More
17 Nov 2004 04:31 #984 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:Season Four
I heard Nat say that in an interview. He said that it was confusing because the pilot was a long one.
More
17 Nov 2004 15:06 #985 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic Re:Season Four
Thanks Mary...you've helped me with a coherent explanation. It was getting to the point whereas PBS was driving me crazy, not with just the Inspec. Lynley series, but other programs as well. As you may have noticed, there is so much skipping around with mystery series from Britian these days, as well as Masterpiece Theatre, etc., that a host of people, including myself have all complained. Actually, on KTEH out of San Jose where so many British dramas and mysteries are aired, two years ago whilst during one their support drives, it was mentioned that the new President of PBS wanted to show more American mysteries. Everyone I know, including myself were encouraged to write ( we did), protesting this decision; thus making it especially frustrating that KTEH, along with the other 3 PBS stations has more support drives than they do programs...or so it seems. Mind you, I am grateful for what we can see and enjoy, but the financial elements have put the screws to us. Used to be as with everything else, economic feasibility in watching PBS was something we did not really worry about. Guess it all comes down to the almighty dollar! And yes, there are some great American mysteries, but not as good as.......!!!
More
17 Nov 2004 22:42 #986 by marflair
Replied by marflair on topic Re:Season Four
Glad to clear it up Caroline. And I meant to say "A great deliverance, not vengeance! I did enjoy "skinwalkers" and have "a thief of time:" on my netflix que, but I do wish we would see more Bristish mysteries. We have 3 PBS stations in our area and none have any mysteries scheduled this month! But PBS still beats commerical and cable channels imho.
Mary
  • Debbie
18 Nov 2004 12:14 #987 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic Re:Season Four
Ladies, I agree with all of you about how things are not consistent, as far as trying to see if IL is "on", especially in our individual viewing areas. I was really shocked when my husband accidentally discovered, upon channel surfing, that IL was on our PBS station on a Monday evening at 9 p.m. When I checked for it at that time slot the following Monday, something totally different was on. Lack of time leaves me with not checking recently, but I also hope to see more British series/dramas, etc. in our viewing areas here in the U.S. ;)
More
29 Nov 2004 18:46 #1007 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic Re:Season Four
Hi Honey, I've only seen the first 3 episodes of Season 3, or it may only be Season 2 as predetermined by PBS. It is difficult to tell as PBS has a schedule that is so haphazzard and frought with scheduling delays I really don't know. At any rate the last episode I saw (can't remember the name, sorry) is the one where Lynley and Havers have to solve the murder of a Pakastani man. The latter part of this episode is so exciting, wherein Lynley and Havers are trying to save a child being driven away....well, if you haven't seen it, I don't want to give it away. The sad thing about PBS, is that they keep repeating these 3 episodes over and over. As you said, never trust the scheduling...PBS seems to throw anything at us these days. And most of it I don't want to see anymore.
Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy