Season Four

More
04 Mar 2005 15:48 #1109377732 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic Re:Season Four
Hello Honey, Cal, Paddy, Debbie, Lynley and all, especially our Webmistress for announcing that IL, Series 4 will be shown on BBC beginning March 17th! This is definitely welcomed news. I did read the spoiler of the first episode and was not spoiled at all. The reason being I have not seen the last 3 episodes of Series 3! In the U.S., Havers still has to be shot! So thanks again Webmistress for letting us know. Caroline
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Mar 2005 17:04 #1109377736 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:Season Four
I am so happy to hear this Caroline. I have heard the rumours and i told Jessy about it, but because nothing was sure yet she couldn't bring it to the site. And besides that i did get the wrong date. But i am still very hapy that we finally will see season 4. I knew the spoiler because someone did send it to me. I hope to see you later in the chatroom.
More
04 Mar 2005 18:03 #1109377740 by saskia
Replied by saskia on topic Re:Season Four
YOU POOR SOULS. Didnt realise how lucky I am being a Nat fan and being in the UK. My god what a palava! Now all I have to do is turn on the t.v. and there it is .....and its been on SKY for weeks and weeks now every monday night 9pm, like clockwork!!!!! so soon I'll have the new series and the old series all on at the same time. For the first person who asked. believe it or not Nat is not a huge star over here, he's actually far more famous in the theatre world, where I spend most of my time. If you asked the average man in the street who is Nathaniel Parker...he probably would look at you clueless, if you asked the average woman she probably would too, unless you asked ' the guy who plays Inspector Lynley' then her eyes would light and she'd know immediately!!!!! In the theatre world however, nat has always been known as a great actor, briliant swordsman and horseman,he has done clinics at the RSC in swordplay and swordfight choreography, he only became well known on t.v. for Lynley - He's one of those people that folk recognise as being off the t.v. but don't know quite who he is. Also, Lynley is filmed all over England mainly in the south but there was an episode in the Lake District, (near the Borders of Scotland and England) and an episode up in the Highlands. Most of them are here in the South though and its on t.v. very frequently if you have SKY....SORRY....I think I better shut up quick! (: :whistle:
More
04 Mar 2005 19:03 #1109377744 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:Season Four
I am lucky to. I don't live in the Uk but i can see Lynley on video whenever i want. Last year a friend in England did send me tpaes from the 2nd and 3rd seires. I became a fan of Nat after the 3rd series were on the BBC. We had them on Belgium tv in October. Our Dutch channel for detectives bought the seire (and the new one to) but didn't broadcast it yet. they aired the 2nd season just this September. Besides Lynley i am also a big fan of A touch of Frost and Midsommer Murder. I don't watch any other detective. I tried Murder City and some others but they are not my cup of tea. If yuo know Inspector Frost you know me a bit too because i have been told that i do things the same way he does.
More
04 Mar 2005 21:59 #1109377748 by saskia
Replied by saskia on topic Re:Season Four
i also love Midsomer Murders, Frost and I'm a big Morse fan, plus Wire in the Blood, Waking the Dead, and the PD James Dramas with Adam Dalgleish, do you get those in Holland? My son adores Frost he's his favourite character, I therefore take it you are a down-to-earth person very practical, forthright and say what you think? A real Frostite! I think I'm more youre Morse type, I like to take things a little easier than Frost, don't rush about so much, love to sit and listen to classical music and ponder in deep thought, be on my own and then be outspoken and forthright!!!!! theres not alot of differance really is there? they both get there in the end. If you like them you'll certainly like Adam Dalgleish...played by Martin Shaw. He's a Commander in the Police force but also a poet, deep,thoughtful and very enigmatic..bit of a tortured soul....think Lynley is a bit like that too. Can someone tell me is Helen really so depressing in the books???? I find her such a miserable woman, didn't miss her when she left at all.
More
05 Mar 2005 06:29 #1109377752 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Season Four
Sakskia,

things can actually be worse than watching TV in the USA - try our German TV. We get to see Lynley dubbed. Now that's what I call odd, don't you agree? :sick: Fortunately I live in Hannover and that allows me to receive BBC via satellite... So lucky me will get to watch IL4 live and non-dubbed from March 17.

As for Nat being a celebrity nor not. Well I think that his position as a "not so well known" actor supports his private life. I mean would you like it, people acting nuts when they meet you? Like: Yikes! This is really you? I KNOW you...

I mean leading a life like this must be a nightmare. Nice for a while, nervewrecking when you cannot stop people from bothering you. The audience tends to think that they know stars or actors, because they have the feeling that they are living in their shelf, right? And some even think that they have the right to intrude even when some so-called star crosses the street to buy himself a package of cigarettes. Sounds like running the gaunlet to me. :S

I hope that Nat feels comfortable where he is an what he is. Reading the i/vs I don't have the feeling that he's not. :woohoo:

Cheers

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy