Season Four

More
07 Mar 2005 17:38 #1109377787 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:Season Four
I totally understand you Jessy. And i am looking forward to do the reviews of the show. I will check the "old" reviews before the new episodes get on so i know what to do.
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Mar 2005 05:26 #1109377789 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Season Four
Lynley,

back to other things. B)

I just checked the bbc.co.uk site. Guess what: not a single new page, no pictures, nothing to promote the new series. Last year they managed to be "there" two days before the broadcast... I really don't get it. The fans have to do intensive research on the broadcast date on the internet.... this is nuts. As far as I understand not even contacting the press office did show any success in getting reliable airdates. I found this for one episode. Highly sophisticated PR work here. :blink:

Auntie Beeb really doesn't seem to know what to make of their assets. I heard that they've closed the BBC message board. Now that's something! I liked the given reason a whole bunch: we are trying to develop new means of getting in touch with the audience. So not a glimpse of a chance to have direct reactions to TV stuff. That new means would be what exactly: writing 'em letters or eMails! God forbit to start debates online about anything that starts with a B and ends with C. When are they going to start a decent PR form themselves and Lynley? :(

Cheers!

P.S.: I will try to work on new means of communication myself - and close this message board :P

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
More
08 Mar 2005 07:44 #1109377790 by Lynley1962
Replied by Lynley1962 on topic Re:Season Four
I didn't see anything on the BBC board too. I check it daily. Do they feel ashamed for Lynley or are they always like that? It is true that the message board is closed. I don't know why but i do know that theBBC has a terrible attitude. They think that the people look anyway and if they are looking for people who can do some decent PR work for Lynley look around her (i volunteer).
More
08 Mar 2005 14:25 #1109377791 by saskia
Replied by saskia on topic Re:Season Four
Can I just make a little comment here that may help a little re the BBC> The Beeb is in a great upheavel at the moment. Their new programme director has left and it has been decided that they have to do something drastic cos they're losing millions. With it being an entirely advertising free channel they obviously only get their money from the government. Its been in a big mess for quite a while now and that could be why programme sites are not updated etc etc., Busiiness news here is constantly about the terirble state the Beeb is in so you may have problems with it for a while.
More
08 Mar 2005 16:17 #1109377794 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:Season Four
I am aware that the Beeb is in deep trouble. First there was that scandal, then a change in the management, the new Royal Charter and so on. I followed that very closely believe me. Maybe too close. Did you read about that deal they made with Siemens for running their whole IT (that's the internet site also): It is worth 2.700.000.000 Euros. They do have a huge money problem.

The audience (plus me :) ) is convinced of their goodwill. Their will to provide clever and good entertainment as well as premium information and supporting the arts is great. Who knows maybe someday they will alter their point of view or their way of dealing with us. Btw. we do have several TV stations here that don't have commercial backing as well. As a matter of fact, they were founded by the allies with the Beeb as a role model. They have three TV series that are being developed through the work of the internet audience. Yes, they are writing the scripts with the audience. Kinda good idea and a whole different attitude, don't you agree?

I am thankful that Nat get's a LOT of very good jobs from them but it remains true that their PR and marketing is frightful.

Thanks to the internet there are places the fans can turn to and the Beeb links to these spots from their own pages... Probably not the best of worlds there could be, but it's a start. :lol:

Cheers

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
More
08 Mar 2005 19:26 #1109377796 by Martina
Replied by Martina on topic Re:Season Four
yeah you are right, I think BBC promotion did a lousy job on "Inspector Lynley" in USA everyone would get shot for doing it in this way.....they arenĀ“t good for Nat. Sorry for him! :evil:
martina

There is no chance in life, everything is connected!
Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy