Thanks for all the new, Jessika!

Look very nice!

greetings, Erika

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2009 08:58 - 19 Feb 2009 11:19 #1109387089 by webmistress
Replied by webmistress on topic Re:New Forum Software
Dear all

Thanks everyone for your testing and nice words :blush: I'm always trying to keep things on top, so our "little" (hem-hem) website won't fall apart one fine day. :angry:

Actually I'm a little torn between making things new or keeping old stuff the way they it was. The philosophy "never change a running system" means a lot to me. I'm not a "hey see it's new and therefore cool thing" type. It's nice when new things come with new sensible functionalities. :S

It's just that one needs to upgrade and update things to carry on and integrate new functions that make some sense to have. Everyone who has a computer system at home knows what I mean... "patches". Love them, don't we all?

Please remember that this site is over five years of age which in internet and computer measures is pre-historic :lol:. Only constant upgrading and updating keeps it running. The thing is that the user (that would be you) hopefully won't notice much change except a new look and feel to it all, but the background thing is a whole different subject, let me assure you of that. I'm not the sort of type who opens up new sites or forums and just drops them once they fall apart or I get a new idea... Continuity is my thing so to speak. But it might well be that I need to upgrade the site as a whole in some months to come. I'd rather not because it means a great deal of work for me, and an off-line phase for you and could mean that the site will get a new look (yes I hear some scream - yet again - why????!!!!). And you and I have to get used to new things in handling this site. Hey never change a running system, right? B) Sometimes there's not much choice. It's a bit like this:

{youtube}x39flidzlis&NR=1{/youtube}

All I wanted to make you aware of is that it's none of my decision making nor a peculiar way of mine to have fun. I'm not a techie-freak. Actually I'm sweating blood & tears each time I have to do it. I'm always happy when things work afterwards... and in panic when things don't work as expected. So be warned, I'll keep updating the system - even if reluctantly and with wet hands. :side:

Cheers!

webmistress

"I don't know. I need help. I'm sorry. And something else. [...] I forgot it."
~ Armand Gamache

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." A simplified version of Occam's razor.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2009 11:19 by webmistress.

More
19 Feb 2009 12:29 #1109387090 by dchakko
Replied by dchakko on topic Re:New Forum Software
Dear Jessika,

The picture is crooked!!! :lol: Couldn't stop laughing!!!

Thanks for that!

Of course no-one wants to go to all the trouble of software upgrades, but sometimes you are forced to. If you don't implement the change you risk losing software support. I have reached the stage where some of my software is no longer supported, but I can't upgrade because my Windows version is out of date- a kind of catch 22. That's my only fear with site upgrades- that my obsolete Windows 98 will not be able to run it well, even with a non-microsoft browser. If that happens, I suppose I can persuade my son to get a new computer and give me his old one- ;)

Don't work too hard,
Diane

"So it goes like it goes
Like the river flows;
And time it rolls right on;
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better;
And maybe what's bad gets gone."

More
19 Feb 2009 13:58 - 21 Feb 2009 14:18 #1109387091 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Re:New Forum Software
Dear Jessika,:cheer:
thank you very much for your information.
I will wait patiencely, and I will be happy when the side come back.
DonĀ“t sweat to much blood, it is not good for your health;)
Hope erveything works, you would like.
And:
Watt mutt dat mutt:) :kiss:
Greetings and thank you for all the work, you do for us:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Greetings Lisa

p.s.: I hope Lorriot will not visit you:silly:

Greeting from www.ruhr2010.de
Last edit: 21 Feb 2009 14:18 by Lisa.

More
19 Feb 2009 15:25 #1109387092 by Carola
Replied by Carola on topic Re:New Forum Software
Dear Jessika,
am not hardly I unite day to visit on your side, alredy has her a new face. In the first moment some more unusally, but very beautifuly. You worked as always greatly thank you.
( translet ba babel fish)

many greetings

Carola:)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy