A Random Harvest

More
02 Aug 2008 20:07 #1109385056 by Fantines
A Random Harvest was created by Fantines
I have this favourite film called A Random Harvest it's a black and white starring Ronald Colman and Greer Garson.

The plot is this:

As the First World War ends a soldier wanders out of a Midlands asylum. Smithy was found in the trenches having lost his memory and all contact with the past. Amidst the noise of the armistice celebrations he meets a music hall actress. They fall in love, marry, move to a country cottage, and have a son. On a trip alone to Liverpool Smithy is involved in an accident. His original memory returns, but he now remembers nothing at all about his new life.

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this film but I think Nat would be brilliant playing Colman's character Charles Rainer. As far as I'm aware this film as never been remade and I don't know why.

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2008 20:16 #1109385314 by helen10s
Replied by helen10s on topic Re:A Random Harvest
Hi Fantines:

"Random Harvest" also is a favorite of mine - such a sweet love story. Turner Classic Movies (a USA cable station) just aired it recently - it was said that Ronald Colman had the "perfect British voice" - your idea for a remake with Nat as Rainer is great! Along with his acting talent, his "perfect British voice" would certainly lend quality to a remake!

More
29 Aug 2008 16:20 #1109385329 by Fantines
Replied by Fantines on topic Re:A Random Harvest
Thanks Helen

Yeah it is a wonderful film but who could play his wife Greer Garson's part.

Take care

Fantines

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend" -- Robert Lewis Stevenson

More
31 Aug 2008 15:52 #1109385357 by tigger
Replied by tigger on topic Re:A Random Harvest
Any volunteers from here? LOL!

Tigger

More
01 Sep 2008 19:21 #1109385375 by Fantines
Replied by Fantines on topic Re:A Random Harvest
Hi Tigger:)

Where do I sign :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do think Nat reads these posts and if so does he contribute under a false name?

Fantines

More
02 Sep 2008 22:56 #1109385396 by helen10s
Replied by helen10s on topic Re:A Random Harvest
Hi again Fantines!

Geez, good question! Who would be as good as Greer Garson? Kristin Scott-Thomas? Kate Winslet? Emily Watson? Anyway, hope the powers that be will consider this for a future project.
Cheers to all!

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy