cowboy or scotsman

More
08 Jan 2009 16:34 #1109386503 by DRae
Replied by DRae on topic The Black Candle, etc.
Hi Pat,
I do like the sideburns and moustache. I have to admit that I like anything with a period costume. I just watched The Black Candle last night. It came yesterday on inter-library loan as a paired set with The Black Velvet Gown. I always liked Cookson's books. My sister and I purchased a number of them used from a library fund raiser when we were girls. Nathaniel Parker seems so young in this film. He was really cute. And, I kept thinking Wow this guy can really act! He had to have had a great time playing to the Dark Side. He also gets to do some of the old style dances quadrilles, etc. in this film. I have seen Vanity Fair. I was able to get it and FFTMC from the library also. I'd love to get a DVD of FFTMC for my library but so far it's not available in region 1 format. The older 60s version is being re-released at the end of January but I don't like it as well as Nat Parker's version. I haven't been able to find a copy of Pretending to be Judith anywhere yet, either.
Take care,
Donna Rae:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2009 20:01 #1109386525 by subject
Replied by subject on topic Re:The Black Candle, etc.
Hi Donna Rae,

I like Nat in period pieces too. He played the really bad guy great in Black Candle. He really is a great actor. So versatile. He can do serious, funny, and good and bad characters equally well. I saw FFTMC on video tape from library the first time. Vanity Fair was on dvd from library. Got quite a few from library. Only 2 were video tapes, all others were dvds. Can't wait to see the new one that he plays a cop in, The Perfect Host, made in the states.

Warm regards.

Pat

More
04 Feb 2009 21:07 - 04 Feb 2009 21:08 #1109386815 by Tori
Replied by Tori on topic Re:cowboy or scotsman
Oooo I have The Black Candle sitting right in front of me, was planning on watching it tonight actually after Lie To Me when maybe my brothers will finally give up playing video games on the only television with a vcr, fat chance :blink:. Im really excited to watch it I also love period pieces.
Wow! He looks amazing in Vanity Fair, haven't seen that one yet unfortunately but i'll make sure too with that picture ;). No really though Nathaniel Parker is excellent in period pieces he has the perfect look and accent for them too.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2009 21:08 by Tori.

More
09 Feb 2009 14:47 #1109386892 by Medodrome
Replied by Medodrome on topic Re:The Black Candle, etc.
Hi Donna Rae,

I cannot find a copy of Pretending to be Judith either!
I have looked everywhere, but I had no success till now.
But I don't give up!
When I know where to get this movie, I'll tell you, promise!

greetings, Erika

More
09 Feb 2009 15:06 #1109386895 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re: Pretending to be Judith
Hi Erika:),

so far as I know is Pretending to be Judith not issued as yet. I only could see the movie, because I got a copy from a good friend.

:) :laugh: :)

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy