Jane Eyre -- After I win the 100 Mil Lottery

More
22 Feb 2012 06:47 #1109394432 by LynnGwyneth
Nat played Edward Rochester in The Wide Sargasso Sea in 1993. If I remember correctly, Jane Eyre takes place roughly 15 years after Rochester's return from Jamaica.

Let's play a game! :)

I've just won the California lottery and have 100 Million Dollars to spend on making a movie. We've convinced Nat to reprise his role as Edward Rochester -- the older, more jaded Edward from Jane Eyre.

Sooo, ladies and gentlemen, who should play Jane in our fabulous, money-no-object, production? ;)

πόλλ' οἶδ' ἀλώπηξ, ἐχῖνος δ'ἓν μέγα

Ἀρχίλοχος (c. 680 BC - c. 645 BC)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2012 13:30 #1109394444 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Re: Jane Eyre -- After I win the 100 Mil Lottery
I thought about it.

What about Anna Paquin?

:) :laugh: :)

More
23 Feb 2012 15:10 #1109394445 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re: Jane Eyre -- After I win the 100 Mil Lottery
That's an excellent suggestion!!! :D

She worked with Nat on "The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler" AND she also played the Young Jane Eyre in the John Hurt/Charlotte Gainsbourg 1996 version of "Jane Eyre".

Sounds like perfect casting to me. :)

Hmm what about...Amanda Root? Or do you think she's too close to Nat's age to play Jane? or that "Black Swan" actress, um -- I'm blanking out on her name... What about Nadia Alexander from "Boardwalk Empire"?

More
23 Feb 2012 15:36 #1109394446 by inspector
Maybe they both are not young enough for Jane Eyre. But it's only game, isn't it?
:blush: I didn't realized that Anna Paquin was the Jane in the movie with William Hurt. By the way I like this version and I like William Hurt.
As yet I didn't watched "Black Swan", but read about it.
I also don't know "Boardwalk Empire", but Nadia Alexander seems to be a good choice.

More
23 Feb 2012 17:13 #1109394447 by LynnGwyneth
Replied by LynnGwyneth on topic Re: Jane Eyre -- After I win the 100 Mil Lottery
:D Yes, I didn't realize it either until I cross-referenced Nat on imdb with Anna Paquin and it turned out she'd been in the earlier version of "Jane Eyre". Charlotte Gainsbourg played the main role of "Jane" but Anna was the young Jane and she did a FABULOUS job! I love that movie too!!! :) :) :)

I adore Nadia Alexander! She's an up-and-coming actress; hasn't gotten much exposure yet but has worked with Wallace Shawn and Tim Robbins and they just love her.

"Boardwalk Empire" is a gangster series set on the New Jersey Boardwalk in the 1920's.

I still can't remember the name of that "Black Swan" actress. She's really famous, um...[quickly switches screens to imdb] Natalie Portman! Ok, she's too good-looking to play Jane.

Trivia question I found on imdb while looking up Natalie Portman: What now famous young actress played Nat's "daughter" in "A Village Affair"? Hint: She looks just like Natalie Portman!

More
24 Feb 2012 10:29 - 25 Feb 2012 17:35 #1109394448 by inspector
I just took a look at "A Village Affair". Nat's daughter was played by Keira Knightley.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2012 17:35 by inspector.

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy