Wolfhall report

More
25 Feb 2014 23:17 #1109395139 by Nenne
Wolfhall report was created by Nenne
Hello Jessika et al,
I just write to tell you how happy I am to have seen the first play. It’s late 22.55 GMT and I’ve been up for more than 22 hours. After a long journey to get to the Bard’s city and having watched both Still Life (on Channel 5 play) and Wolfhall I am more than ready to hit the sack although it's school holiday for me.
For Still Life, I felt it a little short as some of the background story that I felt important was cut out but I hope they will continue the TV adaption of Louise Penny’s books, so we thereby will get to know the characters on screen as well.
The stage adaption of Wolfhall was marvelous but it sure helped having read the novel to follow what happened on stage.
As for Nat’s performances: Gamache was a bit mysterious but the portrayal was wonderful. Especially the scene up in the hunting tower stays. And King Henry was impressive and realistic. And for the ginger hair – not bad at all. ;)
Good night and sleep well! Tomorrow a Behind-the-scene tour awaits as well as Bring up the Bodies.
Cheers,
Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2014 21:48 - 26 Feb 2014 22:26 #1109395141 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Wolfhall report
Hi Nenne,
I am sure "Bring up the Bodies" was as good as "Wolf Hall". I'm still waiting to see both plays too and my days will come soon!! :woohoo: :laugh: :woohoo:
I wish you wonderful holidays.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2014 22:26 by inspector.

More
27 Feb 2014 12:10 #1109395142 by Nenne
Replied by Nenne on topic Wolfhall report
Dear Inspector,

If you have seen A you must see B. :)

But I must say I enjoyed reading ButB more. Maybe because I had got acquianted to both the characters and Hilary Mantel's writing by that time. What whats also was a pleasure was to meet and talk to others in the audience.

If you are able to join a 'Behind-the-scenes' tour at RSC, do so. And there is a guided city tour that starts at the swan fountain at 11 am that is well worth to do. I have really enjoyed my stay here in the "City with a street across the river" but must now return home.

Enjoy your stay!

Nenne

"My love, I would love to come with you but you must first build me a palace" :D

More
27 Feb 2014 21:41 #1109395143 by inspector
Replied by inspector on topic Wolfhall report
Hi Nenne,
quite right: I have to see A and B and I will :)!
Regarding the books I agree. I think to read "Bring up the Bodies" was easier.
Thanks for the hints.
Have a good trip home
Claudia

Moderators: webmistress
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Read our Policy